Orbx Central and Temp files

I have just come across what might be a problem to some who have limited disc space.

A week ago I installed 2 new TB drives solely for PRD3 and XP11 - loaded them with complete new installations

of each Sim and all my Orbx software pertaining to each sim. My System C drive (500GB) properties remained on a much reduced usage

- but not as much as I expected after removing PD3 and all my Orbx (Inc TE UK South) 

I had purchased a new XP 11 and Orbx Britain TE - for the other new drive

Today I decided to do a smaller than  usual Crap Cleanup - and could not understand why it was taking so long to analyse

- since I only asked CC to empty recycle bin and Temp files.

The temp file contained ----- Orbx temps to the tune of 96 GB - 83652 files - in 6 folders - IE approx. the size of Orbx installed

earlier in System c drive

I had always thought that after installing anything - Orbx Central cleaned up afterwards ???

P.S. Before doing all this - I deleted Central 3 as instructed - and used the new Central for all of the above

The simple answer Doug - is that I thought it was more of a possible General problem that others 

might be affected and not knowing - and I wasn't looking for Central support per se !

I looked at Central and thought that although It Might be a problem with Central - it might have been my own problem

in that - possibly - I/we/others should check after doing all that I had outlined leading up to it - .ie doing another full download

following uninstalling Central 3.

I would prefer it to be here in General - maybe as well as Central support - but --- you're a moderator

Thanks Nick - Hi !

Just a question of semantics - and whatever the unidentified intervention - it happened.

Maybe someone else will read this and just  check their  temp file.

Personally - it won't happen again because - in the unlikely event that 

I will again need to reload all my previously loaded Orbx stuff - the first place I will check

is the temp file in C Drive.

Mind you - I will need to reload TE South when I get my free upgrade - and I have this feeling 

that although I just bought the whole XP11 Britain TE package - I will still buy the other 2 sections

for PD3 - as a Xmas present to myself if for no other reason - than I installed the total PD3 / Orbx stuff 

on an Exclusive new 2TB HDD. 

Sheesh - that will need some temp space

Hello,

when you do install your next large Orbx Product, please be aware that there is no need to restrict

the temporary folder to your C drive and that it can be set to be anywhere you would like it to be.

You can use this setting to move it as required.

9.jpg

Once again - Thanks Nick

Information not known to me previously - so I haven't wasted your time - or mine

I think even more now that I was right in placing the thread in General

- because I'll bet that there aren't too many out there who know this facility exists

Archived