EGPH at arrival no Dynamic lightning/ normal lightning

11 hours ago, tredsell said:

I had same thing. Redownloading libraries in ORBX Central worked. 

On a similar subject though, I have no apron lighting at stand 8-10. Is that as per design? Seems a shame that they are so dark. 

U mean uninstalling the scenery and reinstalling it? 

Dear ORBX Developer,

This evening I did another flight to EDI hoping to have dynamic lightning this time, but nope didn't work and I'm really pissed off !!!!!!

I mean you advertise this product with "dynamic lightning" and all we get is : nothing.

I tried it with verifying the files via ORBX Central, result : nothing changed.  I have to amitt you did a really good job with EGPH but that just freaks me out!

And it's not just me who has this problem. 

7 hours ago, Florian Wolf said:

This evening I did another flight to EDI hoping to have dynamic lightning this time, but nope didn't work and I'm really pissed off !!!!!!

I'm sure you could have worded that differently.  No need to be childish.

On that note, I can confirm that I did another flight to EGPH and still no dynamic lighting.  If I start the flight at EGPH, I have dynamic lighting, but if I land there, then no...

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

Isn't this a known issue with P3D v4.5? I sometimes ago read about a potential workaround by increasing the numbers of dynamic lighting sources in the config to fix it until LM does...

If that's the case, EGPH is the only airport that this happens at for me.  And I have A LOT of sceneries.

On another note, last night I flew into EGPH, runway 06 and the ILS wasn't working?  It did the day before when I landed on 24.

I use P3d V4.5 with Hotfix 2.

I have all involved my ORBX products under the "old" method.

Now I've uninstalled EGPH as a trial and reinstalled it using the "new" XML method.

Unfortunately that did not bring any solution, the apron lighting does not work when you land in EGPH!

I just landed in EGPH, the apron remains dark......

But if you load a flight in EGPH and start from there, the lighting works flawlessly!

Has the problem already solved who?

1.thumb.jpg.50c9b1adb85d6d77482257cf51d0c4da.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d4ca42253bf6149bd25af3e3925bd659.jpg

On 10/29/2019 at 2:29 AM, Panman said:

I'm sure you could have worded that differently.  No need to be childish.

On that note, I can confirm that I did another flight to EGPH and still no dynamic lighting.  If I start the flight at EGPH, I have dynamic lighting, but if I land there, then no...

Yes there was and I do apologize for those impatiend words, but at that moment I was just really frustrated.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:01 PM, Panman said:

If that's the case, EGPH is the only airport that this happens at for me.  And I have A LOT of sceneries.

On another note, last night I flew into EGPH, runway 06 and the ILS wasn't working?  It did the day before when I landed on 24.

On that: This problem has been with many sceneries e.g. T2G or Aerosoft. T2G released a fix for that but Aerosoft didn't. After searching around for quite a while a friend of mine found the solution for the problem (only AS). You have to head to your AS Airport folder e.g. Frankfurt (F:\Programme (x86)\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\effects). In that folder you have some .fx files e.g. AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF.fx. And to get Dyn lightning working when arriving you have to change the distant and delay. 

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5 
Version=1.00 
Radius=-1
Display Name=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-ctrl
Priority=0

[controller.0]
lifetime=0.0, 0.0 
type=3 
distance=4000.00, 4000.00
delay=80000.00, 80000.00

x offset=0.00, 0.00  
y offset=0.00, 0.00  
z offset=0.00, 0.00
effect.0=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

That's the content of the file, to change it put that in (mine is already changed, up on install it looks different)

delay=80000.00, 80000.00

After doing that for all the .fx files it should work. ( All except -E.fx files and the runway-flash lightning)

But back to EGPH, I searched for the same file but just couldn't find it the only thing I was able to find was

ORBX_EGPH_Dyn.fx (F:\P3D v4\Effects)

In the file I sadly didn't find anything except the delay 

[Emitter.0]
Lifetime=0.50, 0.50
Delay=0.00, 0.00
Bounce=0.00
Rate=1.00, 1.00
X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Drag=0.00, 0.00
X Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
X Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00
X Offset=0.00, 0.00
Y Offset=0.00, 0.00
Z Offset=0.00, 0.00
Pitch=0.00, 0.00
Bank=0.00, 0.00
Heading=0.00, 0.00

So I thought why not change the Delay=0.00, 0.00 into the same like I did with the Frankfurt scenery. 

I'm currently on a test flight looking if it works, I'll report back.

29 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Yes there was and I do apologize for those impatiend words, but at that moment I was just really frustrated.

On that: This problem has been with many sceneries e.g. T2G or Aerosoft. T2G released a fix for that but Aerosoft didn't. After searching around for quite a while a friend of mine found the solution for the problem (only AS). You have to head to your AS Airport folder e.g. Frankfurt (F:\Programme (x86)\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\effects). In that folder you have some .fx files e.g. AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF.fx. And to get Dyn lightning working when arriving you have to change the distant and delay. 

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5 
Version=1.00 
Radius=-1
Display Name=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-ctrl
Priority=0

[controller.0]
lifetime=0.0, 0.0 
type=3 
delay=80000.00, 80000.00

x offset=0.00, 0.00  
y offset=0.00, 0.00  
z offset=0.00, 0.00
effect.0=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

That's the content of the file, to change it put that in (mine is already changed, up on install it looks different)

delay=80000.00, 80000.00

After doing that for all the .fx files it should work. ( All except -E.fx files and the runway-flash lightning)

But back to EGPH, I searched for the same file but just couldn't find it the only thing I was able to find was

ORBX_EGPH_Dyn.fx (F:\P3D v4\Effects)

In the file I sadly didn't find anything except the delay 

[Emitter.0]
Lifetime=0.50, 0.50
Delay=0.00, 0.00
Bounce=0.00
Rate=1.00, 1.00
X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Drag=0.00, 0.00
X Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
X Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00
X Offset=0.00, 0.00
Y Offset=0.00, 0.00
Z Offset=0.00, 0.00
Pitch=0.00, 0.00
Bank=0.00, 0.00
Heading=0.00, 0.00

So I thought why not change the Delay=0.00, 0.00 into the same like I did with the Frankfurt scenery. 

I'm currently on a test flight looking if it works, I'll report back.

EDIT : didn't work out... :( except the fact that my autogen trees are now missing...

Most probably it did not work because those things need to be configured in the "controller" section. But don't ask me for details, it is just what I read elsewhere: you need controller sections for the dynamic lighting to work properly... Who knows, it just shows that many scenery developer obviously are not yet used to the dynamic lighting Prepar3d v4.x offers. Sadly also many addons are released nowadays without proper beta testing...

That's a big problem since P3Dv4. Some Developers found a solution and updated something.

Example: Marcus Nyberg from ORBX for ESSA Stockholm Airport, it's working now.

Maybe the Developers should talk together, but I can't read anything from the developer of EGPH in this topic. For the moment; I won't buy this airport (after I read about the problem), until I read that this problem is fixed. No fun to make an approach to an really dark airport at night.

The problem comes only after a longer flight to this airport (I think around minimum 30 - 60 Minutes or so). Just wondering that no one find this problem in the Beta Version (not only with this airport - other Developers are also affected), it seems no one makes a flight in the beta to the airports at night.

At the moment ORBX Edinburgh seems to be only an Takeoff airport in the cold dark season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I have linked to the latest news.

There is no more.

Have you talked to the devs at Gaya, are they aware of those problems because more than a month has passed since the scenery came out.

If I look at other threats e.g. LDDU with the new runway the developer reacted pritty quickly and ensured an implemention in the next update, now for Gaya they haven't said anything in this topic neither in the other EGPH quality issues topic. I'm reading Gaya Simulation further previews on LOWW... which tells me that they're still awake.

But what I don't get is why they're already working on their next project, leaving us with a lot of faults at EGPH.

I mean the dynamic lightning issue is not that hard to fix and I really don't want to spend 7$ requesting dynamic lightning at IniBuild just because the devs don't get it.

There is a promised update for December/January.

If you are going to try to make a point by quoting the new runway at LDDU, with all due

respect to its developer who has been extremely busy with other matters, the first

request was made on May 1st 2019, as you would have noticed if you had read the entire topic.

If you know more about what Gaya Simulations are doing than I do, please do share.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

There is a promised update for December/January.

If you are going to try to make a point by quoting the new runway at LDDU, with all due

respect to its developer who has been extremely busy with other matters, the first

request was made on May 1st 2019, as you would have noticed if you had read the entire topic.

If you know more about what Gaya Simulations are doing than I do, please do share.

Ok I'm sorry I have to apologize that comparison didn't make any sense at all.

Archived