Alaska fall flying in real weather from Anchoge (PANC) to Hope (5HO) to Girdwood (AGY) final stop Whittier (OAWR) )

NineMile41

Here is an example if the weather changes on a short 60nm flight. A real challenge  for any one with (IFR) Instrument Flight Rules rating for sure.

Done on Oct 16, 2019 P3D v4.5 HiFi weather for P3D.

Enjoy.

H9YJFhd.jpg

Leaving Anchorage weather looks good just a few clouds.

3JJdTYv.jpg

The clouds are getting to be more noticeable just a few miles out on the way the Hope (SHO)

QsOspou.jpg

A little mist could be snow on final at Hope.

8WG7IJe.jpg

On take off from Hope to  Girdwood (AQY) weather is changing it looks like keeping low is the answer for this short flight.

e7FRJRN.jpg

It looks like the weather is clearing?

zlnuu7I.jpg

Well the weather changed again low clouds at 200 feet.

EWi6l0z.jpg

The airport at Girdwood is just ahead if I can find it?

5qqXYol.jpg

Well I found it but the clouds are still low.

8ZYj30h.jpg

Well I landed and it started to snow visibility is low.

ajaJoUW.jpg

Well it is just light snow so let's go for Whittier (PAWR)

erWhpVw.jpg

Not to sure about those clouds looks like it will be overcast so I better climb to get above them.

Usb9w6v.jpg

I am at 6500 feet above the clouds. Just over Whittier I will pass the airport for about 10 NM make a 180 degree turn and slowdown and descent to 1500 feet.

We are now in the clouds and hope it will clear at 1500 feet?

ypp0EFY.jpg

Well I was wrong the clouds broke at 500 feet heading towards the airport.

GZafEDD.jpg

I am at the right place the boat is my marker for the airport.

rtuL4DV.jpg

Landed in snow again. Well as you can see the changing weather is what causes the most light plane accidents in Alaska. So remember it is not the altitude above

you that saves you it is the altitude below low you that can save you from trouble.

Great shots and holy cow, the last runway is the very same I sued to fly in and out of all the time with FSE, Flight Sim Economy.  Life is better in Alaska with IFR when you have a GTN 750, I could thread my way through mountain valleys with a total whiteout using just the terrain feature.

Archived