Orbx True earth Oregon HD not full coverage

Janis

Hello,
I was excited to start flying around Mt. Hood (Oregon) but I realized the Mountain and the surroundings to the east, like the town Wasco are not covered by True Earth Oregon.
Why is this so? It seems kind of like a ripoff/fraud?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

It is not a good start to use words like ripoff and fraud.

Instead, please provide a screen shot of what you are dissatisfied with and we will see if we can help out.

If it does not contain an easily identifiable land mark, please provide coordinates.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

It is not a good start to use words like ripoff and fraud.

Instead, please provide a screen shot of what you are dissatisfied with and we will see if we can help out.

If it does not contain an easily identifiable land mark, please provide coordinates.

Sry for the harsh words. I was just a bit disappointed that I apparently have to buy True Earth Washington to be able to fly in some parts of Oregon. Mt. Hood is a key Landmark located in Oregon and is not part of the True Earth Oregon for Xplane 11. I wish this would have been clearly stated in the description of the product.
Attached is a screenshot of what you see when you fly from Portland towards Mt. Hood. So the actual True Earth Oregon border does not correspond to the actual Oregon state border. I know that through the nature of the orthophotos the tiles will not match the true state border however, I wish you would have rather over delivered than under delivered. 

True Earth Orbx Oregon actual Border.png

9 hours ago, gmazzei said:

Hi

in this thread you can see which part of Oregon state is included in TE Washington

That rectangular area at south is mostly Oregon

Thanks I see the coverage map, however John Venema states there (April 24): "1b Mt Hood will be in the TE US Oregon region"

3 hours ago, Janis said:

Thanks I see the coverage map, however John Venema states there (April 24): "1b Mt Hood will be in the TE US Oregon region"

Perhaps he is geographically challenged lol.  Everyone makes mistakes.  Considering it was back in April in a pre release announcement it's a bit of a stretch to hold him to that, as obviously circumstances changed in the meantime.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:37 AM, Janis said:

Let's remember one thing guys, Xplane 1 x 1 tile system is rubbish, is rubbish for photoreal, is rubbish for mesh, is rubbish for developers and rubbish for users :) that may be why you see weird coverage at edges, if you want to know more can send you some links on the subject :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As a user of P3Dv5, XP11 and MSFS I largely concur, with some reservations. I have a GTX 1080 with 8 Gb.

I only fly at 4K resolution with all scenery detail at very high and Ultra settings (absolute max World settings in P3D) and mostly in TrueEarth HD.

In XP11 running TE HD, sometimes I get 20 min of flight before I exceed VRAM and the sim shuts down with a VRAM exceeded message.

P3D at 4K with TE HD is more tolerant, but with max settings I can occasionally exceed max VRAM and occasionally get sim shutdown.

My 'old' 1080 actually has enough horsepower to give me this massive detail, but as we get more and more detail, it requires increasing amounts of VRAM to display. EG, I have watched a YouTuber with a 3090 using up to 12 Gb VRAM in MSFS at Ultra settings - a 6 or 8 Gb card physically cannot do this... Unless you use the age-old solution of 'turn your settings down'.

FWIW, my next Gx card purchase must have at least 16 Gb VRAM, for some future-proofing for increasingly demanding scenery that the new technologies allow. For me, this precludes even a RTX 3080, as it only has 10 Gb VRAM. [Flight simming is my primary computer task].

Archived