Hotfix 2, P3dv4.5 black squares etc

rayh

I am using the most up to date Orbx software

Since I updated Client and Scenery of P3dv4.5 hotfix 2, and when flying out of my chosen Orbx airport (YMML) all the surrounding scenery is corrupted.

I have not yet tested other regions as I ran out of time 

I have black squares, water squares instead of land.. Odd suburban squares ... night time squares in daylight..etc

I assumed it was a vector issue - so ran that elevation routine.. Did not fix

I then approached the order entry sequence for global scenery and tried rearranging the order of loading, Despite variations of loading, this did not fix it.

I unticked the Global scenery Experimental button - made no difference.

Have verified all Orbx Global files

Any suggestions or hints gratefully received

I have subsequently dived deeper into the forum and see that I am not the only one. Unwilling to go back to HF1 as the graphics SS update is great for me. 
Can Orbx advise whether a fix will be forthcoming, either from Orbx or Lockheed?? and how soon?

Hello,

your Vector entries are in the wrong order and your insertion point is in the wrong place.

The problem with the Vector entries is with Orbx Central 4.0.15.

You can opt in to the "Fastlane" and update to 4.0.16 which corrects the problem.

If you want to change them manually, this is the right order.

1.jpg

Your insertion point should be set like this:

Untitled.jpg

The guide is for FTX Central but the principle is just the same.

Nick , thanks I will take your word for it. But it confuses the heck out of me. Before the HF2 update - everything worked fine.

tomorrow I will trial the newest update and also check on my insertion points  (which by the way, I have changed countless times to try to overcome the issue).

Thanks for your assistance

Update -downloaded 3.16 Orbx Central...  Vector now working correctly ..thank you.

However, the issue of tiling disorder and insertion points remains.

Odaber - already deleted shaders, and terrain.cfg as part of the process but thanks for the hint.

Nick reattached files again .. I believe I understand the order by which insertion points works - at lease it h as worked flawlessly in the past?

Now however, WHATEVER order I place insertion entry point as , those wrong tiles keep appearing..

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg

Thank you Doug.

This is contrary to my understanding of the usefulness of insertion points .

However i am willing to try this combination and  if it doesn't overlay all my 3rd party airports and works I will be very happy.

Will get back to you

Thanks again

Hmmm..That is weird !!  if that is the case it will cause issues for me as i do have 3rd party airports..lots of them.

What has happened?? now I am totally confused.

Anyway, I will report back tomorrow with the outcome

Hi

Apologies for the intrusion

I also have 3rd party add-ons and I set in the first field the very first one installed and left the second field as per Doug0s image. So far all seems to be working fine

Hope this helps somehow

Regards,

Carlos

If the 3rd party airports are installed via the .xml method, they will not be affected by the insertion point tool as configured in my image, only products installed in the sim root folder will show up on your scenery.cfg file. The others will be in your addons list and placed by P3D in your scenery library where it see's fit.

40 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

If the 3rd party airports are installed via the .xml method, they will not be affected by the insertion point tool as configured in my image, only products installed in the sim root folder will show up on your scenery.cfg file. The others will be in your addons list and placed by P3D in your scenery library where it see's fit.

Okay. so because they are still part of the overall makeup of scenery does 3rd party scenery not XML and not included as seen by Orbx Central 4.x , mean they will be overridden by texture and mesh files from Obrx ? 

Good morning

Well, the results are in for me. Unfortunately and as I suspected,  it has made absolutely no difference what insertion point I choose.

With, or without advanced layering ticked

Either Orbx is not writing the changes to the scenery.cfg correctly or changes made under Hot Fix 2 have screwed the way in which Orbx layers its scenery??

Not sure who needs to address this issue but I hope Orbx comes up with a suggestion that works for me.

Hot fix 1 is no longer available so rolling back isn't going to happen.

My intention is to try Nick Coopers suggestion and roll back to version 3 of Orbx Central and see if that works - or laboriously go through each scenery line by line and reorder things manually...

here is my latest scenery config and add ins files after applying the recommended solutions ...

Screenshot (4).png

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg

further update.

uninstalled Orbx Central V 4.16

Installed FTX central and went through the normal  scenery updates

Launched Prepar3d and go to YMML

result - normal layout - no bad tiles
Try various other airports - all good. no bad tiles

Over to Orbx to comment

Hi

We don't know if the scenery library order is even the cause of your issue as we have not yet seen any screenshots from you.

Your above initial scenery.cfg that you attached in your #10 post has no 3rd party non Orbx addons in it, but this second recent one does (why is that?). So I had assumed all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons were not installed and this is why I advised the insertion point setup that I did. This means that your insertion point is no longer set correctly because your 3rd party non Orbx items have now been added.....there is certainly no way Orbx Central can add or remove 3rd party non Orbx items from your scenery.cfg.

So know that you have FTXC3 installed, are you declaring everything is fixed?

Doug,

I accept your observation. You will just have to choose to take my word for it or not.

I have no idea why the first scenery.cfg file has no 3rd party scenery included. I supplied that file from the location as requested by Nick

After enable the Fastpath updated it  which gave me the correct Vector insertions.

I am not here to make you or Orbx support look bad.

Just trying to get to the bottom of a problem that has affected my scenery since HF2 was installed 2 days ago.

The screen shots I attempted didn't show up  in my pictures file i struggled to get a screen dump within  Prepar3d that saved at all.

If I look through my pictures folders nothing appears

I have tried Alt Shift S

Windows and Print Screen

Ctrl F5

Gave up - unless someone else knows where these pics might be stored?

In the meantime I am using FTX Central. This seems to work

But I hesitate to declare everything fixed simply because I understand others are also having this issue and of course I am running FTX Central and not Orbx Central.

I should add, that during all this process windows 10 has been churning through updates. I have auto update turned off, but amazingly Microsoft ignores its own settings and installs anyway!!

Hi again Rayh

In my case I use Nvidia and the latest pictures were store in the video folder instead of the pictures one as I have set it in the past.

How and why?

No idea

So if you use Nvidia go to its settings and identify where it is storing your pics now and/or set a new location

On the other hand I had terrain issues after the hotfix too, that I managed to solve only by a full clean reinstall of P3D. I know other users where not affected but I was

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos

Appreciate your feedback. When you say go to Nvidia settings, do you mean use the Nvidia Control Panel?? I see no location setting there that points to a file location for storing images ??

Hi Rayh

You first go to  configuration:

rP7EG58.png

Then configuration again

VZARH4M.png

then you'll see where the gallery is

0wxdbAD.png

When you access you can see where the pictures are stored

NwlEakx.png

What I cannot see if now is how to chose the root...

But at least that might give you an idea where to search

Cheers

Carlos

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:10 AM, rayh said:

Doug,

I accept your observation. You will just have to choose to take my word for it or not.

I have no idea why the first scenery.cfg file has no 3rd party scenery included. I supplied that file from the location as requested by Nick

After enable the Fastpath updated it  which gave me the correct Vector insertions.

I am not here to make you or Orbx support look bad.

Just trying to get to the bottom of a problem that has affected my scenery since HF2 was installed 2 days ago.

The screen shots I attempted didn't show up  in my pictures file i struggled to get a screen dump within  Prepar3d that saved at all.

If I look through my pictures folders nothing appears

I have tried Alt Shift S

Windows and Print Screen

Ctrl F5

Gave up - unless someone else knows where these pics might be stored?

In the meantime I am using FTX Central. This seems to work

But I hesitate to declare everything fixed simply because I understand others are also having this issue and of course I am running FTX Central and not Orbx Central.

I should add, that during all this process windows 10 has been churning through updates. I have auto update turned off, but amazingly Microsoft ignores its own settings and installs anyway!!

You need to buy Win 10 Pro.

Google Group Policy Editor.

Then you can disable all those Windoes updates permanently.

Just have the security updates allowed,  not Feature Updates.

Effectively, this gives you the Status Quo we had with Win 7.

Sorted.

Archived