P3D 4.5 EGNX flickering items

I do no have the latest hot fix.

Just installed EGNX, looks great but this is the only place that while taxing the fences and buildings are flickering.

I do not use any shader mods like PTA, ENVTEX, Tomato, etc.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Mip?  What’s a mip and how do I mip? Thanks 

According to the SDK, most scenery type textures must have mip-maps to them, a standard way of texturing in Direct3D. If mip-maps are not present, then you get that flickering.

You can mip-map things yourself using imagetool within the P3D SDK, however if you have never done this type of thing, then it would be better to wait for the developers to provide an updated texture.

14 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

According to the SDK, most scenery type textures must have mip-maps to them, a standard way of texturing in Direct3D. If mip-maps are not present, then you get that flickering.

You can mip-map things yourself using imagetool within the P3D SDK, however if you have never done this type of thing, then it would be better to wait for the developers to provide an updated texture.

Thanks, this is all ancient Mesopotamian as far as I'm concerned.  I have quite literally no idea what you're talking about.  I'm envious of people like you who understand this stuff.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

try this one.

I have never done this either but it wasn't too hard.

I dragged a copy of the file into a copy of imagetool.exe and clicked on create bitmaps

Imagetool.exe comes with the SDK that can be downloaded from the P3D site.

ORBX_ENGX_metal_fence.zip 753.45 kB · 1 download

Thanks Nick!  I’ll try this in a little while, painting walls, but I love painting :) 

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

try this one.

I have never done this either but it wasn't too hard.

I dragged a copy of the file into a copy of imagetool.exe and clicked on create bitmaps

Imagetool.exe comes with the SDK that can be downloaded from the P3D site.

ORBX_ENGX_metal_fence.zip 753.45 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks Nick, that fixed the fences but the buildings still have this vertical stripe shimmering effect.  I tested this at several other Orbx airports, this is the only place that does this.  Wish I could take a video but I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Have the same issue as Jack. Looks the same as when someone wears a vertical stripe shirt on TV (everyone knows what I'm talking about right????). It goes all psychedelic and shimmery.

I like most of the airport, but I have to say it's not ideal at the moment. I agree with posters comments so far regarding this, dynamic lighting issues and runway markings etc. Hope the developer can rectify soon.

Cheers. 

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Nick, that fixed the fences but the buildings still have this vertical stripe shimmering effect.  I tested this at several other Orbx airports, this is the only place that does this.  Wish I could take a video but I wouldn’t even know where to start.

This was flagged in testing but as the dev pointed out, to remove the building textures that cause the shimmering from a distance would render them unrealistically bland at close quarters.  The shimmering moire has been reduced a lot and I think the dev will be seeking to find ways to reduce it further but just like the jacket on your TV newsreader shimmering sometimes, it's something that is unavoidable when using a pixelated display.

Who knows, maybe it'll come down to a CP option to either have detailed buildings with moire, or selecting bland unrealistic textures without the shimmering?

1 hour ago, MurrayD said:

dynamic lighting issues and runway markings etc. Hope the developer can rectify soon.

there is nothing wrong with the dynamic lighting as shown here

However, it could be that there are files missing.

As you have already added yourself to the other topic, let's pursue the problem there.

Archived