What covers Reno,NV??

Snowfalcon

I have Open LC NA installed with N.California and Central Rockies.

I'm wondering if either of those two cover Reno, NV and Northern Nevada? The Mammoth Basin is closer to and more connected to Reno than the rest of California. Mammoth sits on the eastern slope of the Sierras due south along the mountain chain and only 3 hrs drive from Reno.  Reno and Tahoe are also interlinked as Reno is the gateway to Lake Tahoe. Our Airport is Reno/Tahoe International. If your flying into an event in Tahoe you don't fly to San Francisco, Oakland or Sacramento. You fly into Reno.

To the east directly along I-80 is Salt Lake. In between is the spectacular Ruby Mountains followed by the Bonneville Salt flats. Flying along that route from Reno it seams like there is a gap in coverage between N. California and the Central Rockies. Same for a flight from KRNO to KFAT. Scenery seamed to pop more as I got south near Mammoth and over Yosemite

Take a look at what your missing. 

Reno Winter.jpg

15 hours ago, Snowfalcon said:

I have Open LC NA installed with N.California and Central Rockies.

I'm wondering if either of those two cover Reno, NV and Northern Nevada? The Mammoth Basin is closer to and more connected to Reno than the rest of California. Mammoth sits on the eastern slope of the Sierras due south along the mountain chain and only 3 hrs drive from Reno.  Reno and Tahoe are also interlinked as Reno is the gateway to Lake Tahoe. Our Airport is Reno/Tahoe International. If your flying into an event in Tahoe you don't fly to San Francisco, Oakland or Sacramento. You fly into Reno.

To the east directly along I-80 is Salt Lake. In between is the spectacular Ruby Mountains followed by the Bonneville Salt flats. Flying along that route from Reno it seams like there is a gap in coverage between N. California and the Central Rockies. Same for a flight from KRNO to KFAT. Scenery seamed to pop more as I got south near Mammoth and over Yosemite

Take a look at what your missing. 

Reno Winter.jpg

Hello!  Neither region, NCA or CRM cover Reno.  OLC NA does a good job with that area of Nevada, imo.

Cheers!

PacSim makes a nice Reno (KRNO) scenery, which covers the surrounding area.   Not quite as good as ORBX, but still very good.  I got when I flew into Reno on PilotEdge, and was instructed by the controller to taxi to Atlantic Aviation. Not shown in the default scenery, but nicely portrayed in the PacSim scenery.

Mammoth Lake and Lee Vining are featured in the ORBX Freeware Pack.

Ken

Archived