TE washington

Rodneyprice

1S2 Darrington , 2W3 Swanson , 74S Anacortes , KBVS Skagit , KVUO Pearson and WA56 Israel's Farm are out for purchase for TE WA and TE OR . As far as all the other airports , throw a dart and start there . :):D

Cheers

John

A program like Little Navmap may help you to decide where to fly to and from, as you can view all the airports overlayed on a map, create flightplans, and you can sort airports by lots of different ways, depending on what you fly.  It is a great little program.  It works with any sim too as it runs external to the simulator's themselves.

7 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

Hi Just wondering what the Airports that come with TE Washington and Oregon , I have both but not sure where to start flying from.

Do be aware that none of the airports that come with either TE product are enhanced as only the stock XP airports are used. Enhanced airports were always a bonus for the older full-fat landclass regions for FSX/P3D, but not with TE for XP11. You'll see the reason explained on page 6 of the User Manual.

Many X-Plane airports are not "stock airports" in the sense that terminology is used for P3D or FSX. There is a large group of volunteers who enhance the basic X-Plane runways and wind sock airport to be more realistic, similar to the way Orbx improves stock FSX airports with Orbx Library objects in the freeware Global Airport Pack. Once the improved airport is accepted by X-Plane it is incorporated in a X-Plane update and becomes the "stock" airport. You get new and improved airports with almost every X-Plane update. One of the benefits is that the airport database is updated including changes in runway numbering when the magnetic heading changes. I can fly to KCVH and get AWOS information in X-Plane. I have been flying quite a lot in TE Oregon and find the "stock" airports to be good representations of the real airports in most cases.

16 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

A program like Little Navmap may help you to decide where to fly to and from, as you can view all the airports overlayed on a map, create flightplans, and you can sort airports by lots of different ways, depending on what you fly.  It is a great little program.  It works with any sim too as it runs external to the simulator's themselves.

Hi Scott,

does Little Navmap work with any other sims than P3D & XP11?

it only officially lists compatibility with the above sims...

cheers, craig

Hi Craig,

For full functionality and moving map etc I think it only works with the main simulators (FSX/P3D/X-Plane).  As it is just a mapping and flight planning program, of course you could use it for flight planning and research when using any non supported simulator that uses real world navaids and airports, you just won't be able to directly export a printed flight plan.

Cheers,

17 hours ago, Dusterman said:

Many X-Plane airports are not "stock airports" in the sense that terminology is used for P3D or FSX...

Good point, Dusterman. "Stock airports" wasn't the best term for me to use. The point I offered was simply meant to note if someone was expecting an airport to be enhanced in TE WA/TE OR by TE as we were used to in the older full-fat region days it won't be. So, the same look for airports in TE as the base sim. It is one of the plusses in XP that the portal system means user modified airports are screened and then added to the sim so the appearance of those airports is improved over time.

Archived