XP11: Out the back of TE Oregon

TigerTigerM

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

very nice, what weather are you using and do you fly real weather?

Good question. I don't purposefully run 'weather'

I have xVision & Ultra Weather.

I set up xVision & it sits in the background.

From X-Plane 11 in Flight Configuration I select 'Cirrus' for the Weather. You'll notice most of my shots have that thin wispy cloud. Nothing startling. I haven't really got the clouds sorted.

It says Customized, I'm not sure by what. If I move the slider far right I can get wind & rain but the GA's bounce around quite unrealistically. So Cirrus is the primary setting. 

In Ultra Weather/Sky, I untick Auto Mist & Auto Horizon.

Oddly, Manual auto horizon gives a very narrow horizon haze band at 100% [far right], & a wide 'band ' of haze at the horizon at 0%, [slider far left]

To get the sunset colors  I tweak the haze level, [Manual  Horizon], in UW & the time of day in X-Plane 11 Flight Configuration.

The magic times are roughly between 5.45pm & 6.30pm, depending on whether the sun is dropping behind desert, or mountains. Late afternoon you can get some nice effects around TE Washington & Oregon with the low sun casting shadows through hilly country.

The beauty of X-Plane is that you can fine tune what you are after 'on the fly', without having to reload the whole flight.

TTM

9 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Good question. I don't purposefully run 'weather'

I have xVision & Ultra Weather.

I set up xVision & it sits in the background.

From X-Plane 11 in Flight Configuration I select 'Cirrus' for the Weather. You'll notice most of my shots have that thin wispy cloud. Nothing startling. I haven't really got the clouds sorted.

It says Customized, I'm not sure by what. If I move the slider far right I can get wind & rain but the GA's bounce around quite unrealistically. So Cirrus is the primary setting. 

In Ultra Weather/Sky, I untick Auto Mist & Auto Horizon.

Oddly, Manual auto horizon gives a very narrow horizon haze band at 100% [far right], & a wide 'band ' of haze at the horizon at 0%, [slider far left]

To get the sunset colors  I tweak the haze level, [Manual  Horizon], in UW & the time of day in X-Plane 11 Flight Configuration.

The magic times are roughly between 5.45pm & 6.30pm, depending on whether the sun is dropping behind desert, or mountains. Late afternoon you can get some nice effects around TE Washington & Oregon with the low sun casting shadows through hilly country.

The beauty of X-Plane is that you can fine tune what you are after 'on the fly', without having to reload the whole flight.

TTM

thanks for the expalination TTM, always interested in how others set up their flights, I have to agree it is good how you can tweak most settings on the fly without reload, it is a real bonus....

Archived