FSX:SE - LOWI is installed but not in scenery.cfg

Airwolf

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 1903 Build

Simulator:  FSX-SE

Screenshot:  See below

Issue:  LOWI is installed but not in scenery.cfg

Hi guys,

I installed FSX-SE on a new windows 10 system.  Clean as it gets.  

Just installed Orbx global+vector+openlc EU, NA, SA along with pilots 2018ng mesh.

Now, I just installed LOWI.  It shows it is installed by nothing gets updated on scenery.cfg.  I even did a file verification.  I get a check - all files verified. 

PS - I had to edit the .json file for global base to have the zBase that way base is below all other global/openlc files.

Hope all this info helps.

Thanks

lowi4.jpg

lowi1.jpg

lowi2.jpg

lowi3.jpg

lowi installed.png

scenery.jpg

central.log

I created a scenery entry on scenery.cfg (via scenery config tool) and placed the lowi right under Orbx Libs) 

Only few things are loading up for LOWI.  Missing airport etc.

See screenshots.

And if I do sync simulator again - Orbx Central deletes that manually created entry which was created under Orbx Lib - I actually called it FTX_AA_LOWI (trying to keep the same name as FTX Central 3 did; using memory and search engine on here to figure out what the name would be - I know it should not matter) but check the images.  Somethings are loading and some are not.

low6.jpg

lowi7.jpg

lowi8.jpg

lowi9.jpg

lowi10.jpg

lowi11.jpg

Hello,

before posting here, I installed LOWI into my copy of FSX-SE and the process went seamlessly.

Files were added to a newly created  steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI

folder and among other things, steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Config\lowi-config.json.

Your report suggests that although the product is installed, it is not installed into the copy of FSX-SE that you are using.

You might start your search for it by looking for "lowi-config.json", without which Orbx Central cannot report it as installed.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

before posting here, I installed LOWI into my copy of FSX-SE and the process went seamlessly.

Files were added to a newly created  steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI

folder and among other things, steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Config\lowi-config.json.

Your report suggests that although the product is installed, it is not installed into the copy of FSX-SE that you are using.

You might start your search for it by looking for "lowi-config.json", without which Orbx Central cannot report it as installed.

Hi Nick,

I did search for this file.  That is the first thing I went to search.  Yep it is not there at all.  Even when files are verified, nothing shows up.  Shouldn't the file verification detect a missing file?

Thanks

Hello,

a methodical search seems to be required.

Please check for:

1. steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI,

containing these two folders:

scenery containing 83 items

texture containing 2006 items

2. steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_LOWI.xml

3. steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_EU_LOWI.TXT

4. steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\User Documents\LOWI User Guide.pdf

5. and finally that your FSX-SE shortcut points to:

Your chosen location\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Only if they are all there, then add the attached file to

steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Config

If you don't find any of them in those exact locations, please search your entire PC and see where they are.

lowi-config.json

19 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

What exactly does the 'sync with simulator ' function do ?

Thnx

For example - I add that json to my install.  Now for it apply to my system.  I need to click on Sync simulator.  Usually this need not be done when installing sceneries etc but for my case it will apply.

It just syncs all the orbx files with the simulator

Archived