XP11: DC3

TigerTigerM

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful mountain back there TTM!

Thanks Jack & other responders.

What I really like about TE Washington, (& Oregon), is there is the opportunity to compose shots with interesting skylines , [ie mountains or mountain ranges].

I think this adds to the visual impact.

TTM

11 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Jack & other responders.

What I really like about TE Washington, (& Oregon), is there is the opportunity to compose shots with interesting skylines , [ie mountains or mountain ranges].

I think this adds to the visual impact.

TTM

What amazes me is the photoreal and suspension of disbelief.  And XP is very smooth on my PC.  So this is what I like to do, I turn off all the lights and sit in front of that huge screen and I'm there, the sensation is amazing.  Now I've never seen a sim in VR but I have a feeling that if I did I'd be living in virtual reality all the time.

Just now, olderndirt said:

I've got to ask - why can't you fly 'em.  They're as docile as anything in the sim

Don’t have the patience to land tail draggers.  I know you and a lot of guys like them but I much prefer more modern tricycle gear aircraft.  I’m not even going to waste my time even trying anymore.  To each his own.

40 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don’t have the patience to land tail draggers.  I know you and a lot of guys like them but I much prefer more modern tricycle gear aircraft.  I’m not even going to waste my time even trying anymore.  To each his own.

It's just ballet Jack:)

TTM

40 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Landing a DC3 'three point' would be a challenge for most pilots.  Just roll it on the mains after a slight level off.  As you sense contact, apply forward elevator pressure to keep the mains stuck to the runway.  Be sure your tailwheel was locked on the landing check and as you decelerate let it slowly contact the ground - keep it straight and unlock the tail for taxi. 

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Landing a DC3 'three point' would be a challenge for most pilots.  Just roll it on the mains after a slight level off.  As you sense contact, apply forward elevator pressure to keep the mains stuck to the runway.  Be sure your tailwheel was locked on the landing check and as you decelerate let it slowly contact the ground - keep it straight and unlock the tail for taxi. 

Thanks OND, but I’ll pass.  Good advice as it is,  I came up in the modern era.

Archived