Updates keep getting stuck?

bradley27

I updated to the new central today, installed EGLC and also saw i had a few scenery's out of date so i tried to update. They keep getting stuck right towards the end and don't budge to completion

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home

Simulator:  P3Dv4

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Log i have displays my PC info which is private

I too have an issue with updating these prompted updates. They get to pretty much the end and stop just before the end and then just sit there however i dont get any form of error message....

This is again with the new Central using P3Dv4.

Hi Bradley,

First, please close Orbx Central fully. You can do this by right clicking in the tray, then selecting "quit".

Then, delete the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

Finally, start Orbx Central again and re-attempt the download

On 8/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, Ben McClintock said:

C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

Finally, start Orbx Central again and re-attempt the download

All of that worked fine, however everytime i boot v4 up i am prompted to enable Objectflow 2? I select yes everytime though...why might this be happening?

On 9/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, bradley27 said:

All of that worked fine, however everytime i boot v4 up i am prompted to enable Objectflow 2? I select yes everytime though...why might this be happening?

I've experienced an issue like this before where you keep getting prompted to enable an add-on. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly how I fixed it.

I believe it was a permissions error where Prepar3D couldn't write to the add-ons.cfg.

Could you please send all of the following (some may not exist):

• %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
  • %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
  • %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

As I needed to download some products, I also had some (not all) installs getting stuck right near the end, with just 1-3 files left to install.  I found (before reading this thread) that if I quit Orbx Central and then restarted Central, the stuck download/install would automatically restart and complete quickly (in a few seconds).  I didn't delete the temporary folder (AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx).

After reading this thread, I deleted that temporary folder after another stuck-near-the-end install.  That forced the re-download of the entire product (which was successful), but I still had some subsequent downloads/installs (after the first one) getting stuck near the end.  For those, I chose to just keep closing/restarting Orbx Central instead of deleting the temporary folder.

As a sanity check, I ran the "Verify Files" for each affected product, the verifications were successful (hopefully!).

I'm running v4.0.12.

| Update:  It appears the stuck-near-the-end installs primarily affected the larger products, such as openLC and some regions.  The smaller airport downloads/installations completed without any hangs.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, Ben McClintock said:

I've experienced an issue like this before where you keep getting prompted to enable an add-on. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly how I fixed it.

I believe it was a permissions error where Prepar3D couldn't write to the add-ons.cfg.

Sorry for the delay, items posted

add-ons.cfg Program Data - add-ons.cfg

On 9/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Ben any update for me by chance?

I have a persisting issue with P3Dv4 since i updated to the new ORBX Central.

Every time i boot the sim up i am presented with a Enable Addon: Object Flow 2

I of course press yes and expect that this will sort the prompt but i obviously have something stopping this.

May i know what the cause maybe and fix please, i had questioned this on another prompt and i haven't had any replies following the upload of report files?

Hi Bradley,

The "enable addon" box re-appearing every time is not a bug with Orbx Central. It is an issue with Prepar3D, most likely due to file permissions. Can you try running Prepar3D as an administrator?

We tell Prepar3D where to load the add-on packages using the add-ons.cfg file. It is then up to Prepar3D to save your response to the "enable add-on?" question.

You can try some of the steps in this topic here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131919

Archived