Beech Duke Boarding Call - KSFF Felts Field P3D V4.5

JohnnyJohnJohn

Just some on the ground tonight until I can get some help in the other forums or a friend online with an oddity with my Duke.   Had a Flap failure the last flight....limped away from that one, so back at it again.....can't keep a good airman down!

HSFM25k.jpg

CHJdUfr.jpg

onsb7a5.jpg

Have a good night all....

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Lain! Much appreciated sir!

3 hours ago, RetiredFE said:

Yep, I've been there done that with my Duke.  Possibly my favorite airplane.  Along with their Lancair.

How can we not do this with the Duke?   My other favorite which I haven't really flown is Lionheart's LJ24B. that'll be my next learning curve.

Super shots Triple J.  What's the problem?  I do know if you lower the flaps at too high a speed they'll fail.  The only way to repair them is to reload the plane.  It's actually programmed to do this.  Do you have the modified version that RealAir posted recently on their website?  It's specifically designed for P3D 4.x.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Super shots Triple J.  What's the problem?  I do know if you lower the flaps at too high a speed they'll fail.  The only way to repair them is to reload the plane.  It's actually programmed to do this.  Do you have the modified version that RealAir posted recently on their website?  It's specifically designed for P3D 4.x.

Yes I do Jack.   I think that is what it is actually, now that you mentioned the high speed - I was coming in rather hot, like a Murdock landing on the A-Team....one of my sloppier ones since flying this bird. I was kind of surprised myself. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Yes I do Jack.   I think that is what it is actually, now that you mentioned the high speed - I was coming in rather hot, like a Murdock landing on the A-Team....one of my sloppier ones since flying this bird. I was kind of surprised myself. 

I think it’s cool that this was programmed into it.  I wish all planes were.

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Thanks Lain! Much appreciated sir!

How can we not do this with the Duke?   My other favorite which I haven't really flown is Lionheart's LJ24B. that'll be my next learning curve.

I believe also if you apply too much power to an engine, it's cumulative and eventually the engine will fail and you'll have to reload.

16 hours ago, RetiredFE said:

I believe also if you apply too much power to an engine, it's cumulative and eventually the engine will fail and you'll have to reload.

You actually have to manage the power to keep three parameters, Torque, ITT and NG (RPM), in their green arc. It is a very interesting aircraft.

8 hours ago, dominique said:

You actually have to manage the power to keep three parameters, Torque, ITT and NG (RPM), in their green arc. It is a very interesting aircraft.

thanks again for the great tips.   I do appreciate it.  Really trying hard to master this craft. 

Archived