Disappointing, Oregon HD-TE

Orbx Flyer

I find it a little bit strange that people talk about washed out colours in X Plane 11 of all sims.  Dull as dishwater is my impression every time I go above 500' if I don't use Reshade to boost the colours, and then of course other elements of the whole contrast, saturation, shadows etc are affected.  But that's just how I find the sim, others obviously see it differently.

37 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I find it a little bit strange that people talk about washed out colours in X Plane 11 of all sims.  Dull as dishwater is my impression every time I go above 500' if I don't use Reshade to boost the colours, and then of course other elements of the whole contrast, saturation, shadows etc are affected.  But that's just how I find the sim, others obviously see it differently.

I just saw J.V.'s preview thread on new ortho imagery they are patch-creating, and this is very encouraging!   I guess that that can be considered a 'resolving' of my original issues with Oregon HD...as a start and tweaking of the RTM product.  Nice to see...and looking forward to the patch's implementation.

My first impressions were similar to many of the views expressed in this thread. I certainly found some areas where the ortho does not live up to Washington's - e.g. washed out colors or that 'purple' issue. However, I've recently come across some amazing areas on par with Washington (the volcanic regions are excellent!), so am hoping the poorer quality ortho areas are addressed with the next patch.

• 1 year later...

i only have a 8gb graphics card maybe thats my problem but i saw an image of the medford area earlier and watched the portland area on youtube and thats what sold me but my quality on this program is very bad no quality at all my monitor is 1920x1080 and still quality is bad is it just me or why do i see such good quality on youtube and not on my system?

You need to post a pic of what you are seeing as I have no clue as to what "bad" quality you are referring to.

I also need to see a pic of your XP graphics settings.

What version of XP are you using.

8GB GPU can be sufficient so it is probably something else giving you a poor quality rendition.

I will know more when you provide me with info I am requesting.

You have not posted a pic of your XP graphics settings which I asked for. looking at your pic it looks like you do not have World Objects set to maximum. That is why it looks really dull and a lack of autogen and buildings. Please attach a pic of the XP settings so i can guide further.

No buildings of note or quantity will show with your World Objects setting set to that very low setting. Slide your World Objects setting to as far right as it will go and see the difference immediately.

I would also suggest that you try using the Vulkan option assuming you have the latest version 11.50 installed. It will compensate for any fps hit that enabling World Objects at maximum may incur.

Archived