Airport Elevation Corrections

Stewart Hobson

29 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Does installing the new Orbx Central affect our Airport Elevation Corrections, both those which were done automatically and those the user accomplished manually, both using FTX Central's AEC tool?

Hi Stewart, I just used Vector yesterday to fix the mesh problem around YMML.  I have the latest version of the new Central and VECTOR AEC works perfectly.  I typed in YMML and found it was in the disable column, so I enabled it and now YMML looks perfect in P3D with the new Aus v2.

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Stewart, I just used Vector yesterday to fix the mesh problem around YMML.  I have the latest version of the new Central and VECTOR AEC works perfectly.  I typed in YMML and found it was in the disable column, so I enabled it and now YMML looks perfect in P3D with the new Aus v2.

Great news Jack !! .

John

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks, Jack.  Sounds promising.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I don't think that the manual setting was ever broken?

No it wasn't, to my knowledge.  My question was more to do with current status of those airports already corrected by the AEC tool, and if those corrections might somehow be affected by installing and running the new Orbx Central.  If not, I will proceed to install OC.  From Jack's post it appears that the AEC tool might be working correctly, so that's good news, in case any new airports need correction.

I see.

I would wait a little while yet.

there is no hurry and even if the control panel was working for the auto-configuration,

migrating the files returns the whole Vector installation to default.

By all means try Orbx Central but my advice is the same as the developers',

there is no need to migrate or update anything at all.

Thanks, Nick.  I had no plans to migrate the files, nor running the AEC tool.  Instead, I thought I would use a symbolic link and locate my Orbx folder on another drive and ignore migrating altogether.  I'm aware of your advice regarding using a symbolic link, but my setup is much simpler than yours--I have only one simulator installed, P3D, and have no plans to install X-Plane, at least in the near future.

Archived