P3D Scenery - US Suggestion

aujeffk

I understand the logic behind doing the TrueEarth scenery in Washington and Oregon...I’m assuming a lot of the backend work has already been done with POI, etc.and integrating x-plane makes this logistically easier.

I’ve flown in those areas for years with the old orbx stuff...what I’m interested in doing is exploring other areas.  Yes, Washington has some unique scenery with the coast, mountains, etc., but I’d love to see expansion in other areas.  Flight sim is about exploring the unknown.  I’d love to see some branching out to other areas instead of the usual west coast.  This would allow more opportunities for other fun small-mid size airports.  

Just my $.02.

I still think TrueEarth Caribbean would be a best seller...there might not be the satellite imagery available though.

Hi Jeff,

I couldn't agree more - I'm just plumb West Coast played out... I like what I have but I think I'll be skipping the new Washington/Oregon TE series...

Even with the somewhat limited offerings and owning most of the West Coast Regions with many of their respective airports - I spend the bulk of my time flying the East Coast of the US... As hard as Neil was hitting New England with his freeware airports a few years back - I truly thought this was a precursor to a New England region... Thank god for Alex and Bill... My number one regional choice would probably be a Florida/Bahamas - followed second by New England... Anything East of the Mississippi would be most welcome...

It's time for change...

Regards,
Scott

48 minutes ago, aujeffk said:

I am with you 100%  !  We've flown the West Coast so much that it is all worn out, isn't it B)  ?

I also understand the business point of view (lot of work being already done for the West coast and so on and so forth) but  really as good as  theyse sceneries are , the indigestion is near ...  Florida, the US South West , the Caribbean please  !  I was flying the small airports of  Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee recently,  It would be great to have these States in LC or better in orthos (P3D !)  !  And I don't speak of South Europe ! 

I spend a lot of time flying up and down the US east coast and Caribbean, so, yeah...

If you're willing to put in the effort, there are a lot of sceneries from some good developers already covering much of the Caribbean, or at least the Lesser Antilles.  Between pay- and freeware I believe I have something covering airports if not LCs for every major island between the USVI and Grenada.

That said, I'm still very much in the market for a unified Cuba to Trinidad, if not also including the ABC islands and the lesser-known islands off the Central American coast.

Untitled.jpg.8bee7db355a6233792002f824ef892d5.jpg

I was starting to have trouble keeping all my add-ons in mind so I decided to map them.  B)

Given the airfield scenery that is available in a relatively tight cluster on the US East Coast, namely: 2B2, 6B6, KACK, KBID and KSNC (KBHB is further afield), I wonder whether a TrueEarth southern New England region is on Orb's radar? It could include Cape Cod, Boston, Martha's Vineyard, plus cheat to push the geographical boundary to include Long Island and NYC.

IMO, the entire Northeast (New England plus Mid-Atlantic states) is deserving of a TrueEarth depiction.

Click the arrow on the top right----------------------------------------------------

II

II

\/

Nope sorry, can't get enough of the west coast of NA. But I too would buy into a TE Caribbean.

And to compliment all the Orbx stuff are vast quantities of other world ortho with overlays and 1000s of freeware airports available already. I have the entire USA in ortho with overlays and its darn good, including Alaska, there is an amazing New Zealand offering with 100s of freeware well done airports to add, there is all of europe, there is a set of HD Spain...man or man its impossible to keep up.

I have had to buy two 8 terabyte HDs for my ortho installs. Nope I say Orbx, just keep her coming, I'll be at the trough and pigging out on anything new.

Archived