XP11: PA 31 Chieftain

TigerTigerM

I was looking at that. It is really very beautifully modelled but I'm never quite sure what kind of depth Alabeo models go into. Do you like it so far?

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Stumbled upon the Alabeo PA 31 Chieftain on sale & added it to the collection.

A couple of shots from a shake down flight,  Southampton to Sumburgh.

TTM

cy7hKTf.jpg

]7UEorey.jpg

56 minutes ago, NeilG said:

I was looking at that. It is really very beautifully modelled but I'm never quite sure what kind of depth Alabeo models go into. Do you like it so far?

So far it does what I want it to. I don't fly  using all the bells & whistles. etc.

Hot start, adjust the mixture, drop the flaps & go.

I think the interior/exterior might be slightly sharper in the P3D version.

If you get it, don't lean it out until you are at cruising height.

I found it doesn't like climbing lean.

I was lucky, struck it on sale on a 10% off Tuesday & also had a 10% loyalty discount available. All discounts were honored so it cost around USD18, which is a pretty reasonable price.

Suggest you read the product description carefully to see if it has features you want.

BTW - I have XP11.35 & it threw an 'Incompatible Model' message when I first loaded it, but after loading, putting in the serial # & reloading it again, it came out ok.

TTM

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

So far it does what I want it to. I don't fly  using all the bells & whistles. etc.

Hot start, adjust the mixture, drop the flaps & go.

I think the interior/exterior might be slightly sharper in the P3D version.

If you get it, don't lean it out until you are at cruising height.

I found it doesn't like climbing lean.

I was lucky, struck it on sale on a 10% off Tuesday & also had a 10% loyalty discount available. All discounts were honored so it cost around USD18, which is a pretty reasonable price.

Suggest you read the product description carefully to see if it has features you want.

BTW - I have XP11.35 & it threw an 'Incompatible Model' message when I first loaded it, but after loading, putting in the serial # & reloading it again, it came out ok.

TTM

Thanks for that. I got it in the end on sale. It'll be worth bearing what you said in mind when I go to use it.

Archived