can someone explain please

I have v4.5 installed, and apparently running OK, but I just read on the central forum that I should have placed some of the scenery outside of the main program.. I am an old guy, and the technology of the new sims is getting beyond my capabilities. I cannot understand some of the posts, and would be obliged if someone can point me to instructions (and reasoning) for doing this. Terry.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:46 AM, teecee said:

I have v4.5 installed, and apparently running OK, but I just read on the central forum that I should have placed some of the scenery outside of the main program.. I am an old guy, and the technology of the new sims is getting beyond my capabilities. I cannot understand some of the posts, and would be obliged if someone can point me to instructions (and reasoning) for doing this. Terry.

Teecee

My thoughts exactly Terry but may I pinch your words to explain why My old brain also has difficulty with some of the instructions - so I leave scenery mods alone and hope that sooner or later Mr Central will update my apps - if that is the right word?

Especially in the case of all the airport changes to V2 - although I don't really care if the buildings are in the right place or height - as long as there is some sort of runway to land on - that is not some 100 ft - plus or minus - or the many winges on AUS  V2 - about minor details - sheesh - what do want fellas want - for the price of a couple of packets of fags.;)

I bought a Flight Simulator at some time in the past  - and an all Australia add-on for 30 bucks -  to get me and my plane around our great country  - we've come along way since Commodore 64 Flight Sim and my mind still boggles at what a tool we have these days to do what we can actually do in a "simulated" way

All I ask  is that when it is all sorted - and not only airport mods - but all Orbx mods - and I ask and -  hope Central will do it all  -  find my "ROOT" directory - whatever that is?

Cheers Teecee

Jaytee

Thanks for the support Jaytee, what with memory problems (mine not the computer) and the complexity of the newer FS programs I am definitely slipping behind.. I even struggle with some of the stuff in the forums as there are so many variations of the sims now. Nice to know that I am not alone. Terry.

Archived