True Earth France for Xp11?

Manu1985

Hello!

I'm a big fan of Orbx True Earth Great Britain, after almost one year flying there, I'm still completely astonished by the beauty of these sceneries and how good the work Orbx achieved is!

It's actually so good and realistic that it became difficult to fly somewhere else now!

I was flying a regular flight between EGKA and EGHI, ( love those two ORBX airport, can't help to always go back there! The screens cap are from this afternoon flight ), and admiring the landscape, I was thinking how amazing that would be to be able to fly in France with this ORBX quality scenery.

So I wanted to ask  if the opportunity of making France part of the True Earth serie is considered?

France as a lot of interesting points of interest such as castles, cathedrals, monastery, dams, bridges...
Iconics cities and monuments : Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Strasbourg...
A very diverse and beautiful landscapes : the alps, the cliffs of Normandy and Brittany, the Rhône delta, the côte d'azur, the Auvergne Volcanoes, some very beautiful canyons like the Ardèche Gorges or the Verdon...

There is not so much payware airports that as been released yet, I think less than 7, and not even the most importants in traffic ( weirdly, nobody did Paris Charles de Gaulle, now a freeware version is rising, but during years that was nothing...). There is no payware small airfield for VFR operation existing!
I've asked once France VFR if they would like to port their VFR regions scenery to xplane, they've answered negatively, saying that there is no market for ortho corrected sceneries in xplane, since everybody can do it for free...wich ORBX proved a little later that is far from the truth...

We desperetely need a good replacement autogen : there is the X-europe one, but it shows mostly german's type building all over the landscape, wich doesn't looks like french buildings at all.

I know it exist already some good freeware ortho sceneries for France, and a lot of people have made their own customs sceneries, but I suppose it was also the case for Great Britain, and nothing can really approach by far the quality of what Orbx is able to make!

I really hope I'd be able to see Orbx France one day!

Cessna_172SP - 2019-07-14 20.39.53.jpg

Cessna_172SP - 2019-07-14 20.41.04.jpg

Well I've seen that there were already ask for P3d, and the people were saying there is already the France VFR regions for P3D and FSX ( wich doesn't exist in xplane ) I'm not starting a war between sims here, I wish it could be for everyone!

Well in this case I'd rather suggest you ask the developer of these France VFR regions to manage a release for Xplane as well:rolleyes: Anything from Orbx should benefit both tribes. You don't want to start a war here, right?;)

Hello Rongor, already asked France VFR, they are not willing to do it, they think there is no market for VFR ortho scenery in xplane, I've mentionned that in the topic of this discussion.

Thanks Dominique, I didn't knew about that! That's a shame!

In the meantime, use ortho4xp and x-europe as the overlay. This will serve you well until a final decision on whether Orbx will do a version or not. I will not post pics because neither of the elements I mentioned are Orbx products, but suffice to say my ortho4xp in conjunction with x-europe is 2nd only to having an Orbx TE version of many areas of Europe like France, Italy, Spain, Germany etc.

Hello jjaycee1, as mentionned in the topic, I'm also using Xeurope, it's definitely better than default, but for France the buildings and houses are not accurate at all and doesn't look like French houses or buildings,  the trees placement is also better than default, but really far from what you can see in ORBX.
For example, in my region in France, all middle range forest are represented by Xeurope, but there is a big lack of trees in cities, species of trees are placed quite randomly, and there is not any tree hedges, wich is one of the most important specificity of French landscape for the countryside.
As I'm flying VFR mostly between 2000 ft and 4000 ft , it's something that is highly noticable...so yes, it's better than nothing, but I wish we could have at least one professional product like global range to make the landscape look more accurate.

18 hours ago, Manu1985 said:

Hello jjaycee1, as mentionned in the topic, I'm also using Xeurope, it's definitely better than default, but for France the buildings and houses are not accurate at all and doesn't look like French houses or buildings,  the trees placement is also better than default, but really far from what you can see in ORBX.
For example, in my region in France, all middle range forest are represented by Xeurope, but there is a big lack of trees in cities, species of trees are placed quite randomly, and there is not any tree hedges, wich is one of the most important specificity of French landscape for the countryside.
As I'm flying VFR mostly between 2000 ft and 4000 ft , it's something that is highly noticable...so yes, it's better than nothing, but I wish we could have at least one professional product like global range to make the landscape look more accurate.

Agree with you totally. France is one of the most geographically beautiful countries which has a true diversity of topography, let alone architecture. I wanted France and italy to be made as Orbx Regions (forP3D) a few years ago, but now we are in the True Earth era and I now fly XP and not P3D, I really hope we can get a TE France, and also a TE Italy. In the meantime we rely on Ortho4xp which is a halfway solution until we both get what we want.

I watch the Tour de France every year not just for the cycling but also for the gorgeous scenery en route.

• 9 months later...

Just picked up on this, I agree completely, France needs a TE now.  If not the whole of France at least the wonderful Côte d’Azur.  What better than a short vfr trip from St Tropez to Nice to brighten our ‘lockdown’ spirits?!

Shame, lots of interesting landmarks, buildings, topography.  The French love it and it has so many international visitors that surely it would be a great seller.  Done well it would be a vfr delight, find it strange that it’s been overlooked.  It should be resurrected.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:35 AM, Jon Clarke said:

In the meantime, use ortho4xp and x-europe as the overlay. This will serve you well until a final decision on whether Orbx will do a version or not. I will not post pics because neither of the elements I mentioned are Orbx products, but suffice to say my ortho4xp in conjunction with x-europe is 2nd only to having an Orbx TE version of many areas of Europe like France, Italy, Spain, Germany etc.

I’d buy TE France, Germany, and Italy. Though, I’d like more of the US flushed out first.  TE Hawaii would be great. 

Archived