Aus V2 - Adelaide YPAD and YPPF

ozinoz

Hi,

I dont post very often, as you can probably see - less than a dozen posts over about 6 years :) Have finally got some time and have come back to virtual flying. Before updating to Aus V2,, was hoping I could ask a favour and see some screenies of little loved Adelaide and the 2 airports. Adelaide in V1 was fairly generic, but given its position in relation to YPAD and the fact that you virtually fly over it on final for landing (and on departure) was hoping for a better representation, given the Melbourne upgrade and you can barely see it from a landing or departing aircraft with binoculars. Reports have been mixed, but I was hoping to see evidence one way or teh other...

Thanks in advance

Nice  Adam, and Orbx in the view of a former long time Adelaide resident, has done an 8.5/10 rendition of the central city.  As my Club on North Terrace shows only as a bomb site you can see why my score is somewhat jaundiced...but as there are many bombsites throughout the CBD I believe I am justified.  Unless I am told to buy Buildings HD which will supply the missing structures. 

As Orbx is working on Perth it is a pity that Adelaide airport will be the only major Australian airport left out by all scenery makers.  PS I am happy to be corrected if my info is wrong.

Nice shots Adam, From the title, I think the original requestor is after shots of the general aviation airfield Parafield (YPPF) up the road as well if you have them. Parafield was a bit light on in AU1.

(I'd do it myself but I have a 4 screen view group multiscreen set up and when I take a snapshot it captures all of them) 

Aussie

Perfect - thanks.

There are a few bits missing, like St Peters cathedral and the Adelaide Oval, which is you see the aerial pic of final approach to YPAD are right underneath the aircraft and the entire Adelaide metro rail station etc, but on the whole, it looks pretty good. If we could just get some confirmation of exactly what is being worked on, that would be super...

Thanks heaps Adam for your help, and smooth flights...

Grant

Archived