Australia 2 - Lake Hamilton lacks water

I removed Australia 1 and the Holgermesh and reinstalled Australia 2. Lake Hamilton is shown but it shows up as a large flat plain. YOu can see the shoreline around the islands and on its banks but it lacks water. Lake Hamilton is a sizable lake off the southern coast. Each image I am uploading contains the Lon/Lat. Did I un-uninstall the Holgermesh in error? Is it a bug? or does my install have Australia one files somewhere? The software shows much smaller bodies of water so I assume its supposed to be there. I am including 4 screen grabs.

Lake Hamilton 1.jpg

Lake Hamilton 2..jpg

Lake Hamilton 3..jpg

Lake Hamilton 4..jpg

Hi there,

we used Southern Australia's water data set for AUv2 and it defines Lake Hamilton as non-permanent, which is why we depicted it with a landclass polygon (the sim doesn't allow for seasonal water). Looking at Google Maps and Bing it appears though that the northern half of the lake polygon is indeed water-filled, at least when the imagery was acquired. It's an either-or situation but if you believe that it's more accurate to have the polygon shown as water then I can certainly change this for the next service pack.

Cheers, Holger 

3 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

we used Southern Australia's water data set for AUv2 and it defines Lake Hamilton as non-permanent, which is why we depicted it with a landclass polygon (the sim doesn't allow for seasonal water). Looking at Google Maps and Bing it appears though that the northern half of the lake polygon is indeed water-filled, at least when the imagery was acquired. It's an either-or situation but if you believe that it's more accurate to have the polygon shown as water then I can certainly change this for the next service pack.

Cheers, Holger 

You are on to it Holga. Thank you for the logical explanation. I myself would rather it had a bit more water. I.E. it

makes it a bit easier to find. I think that my Aussie neighbours should put their 2 cents worth in as to what they

would like done, and go with that. The work you have done on FTXAU v2 is amazing and much appreciated.

Kevin

I vote for water. . . It's a unique lake that large being that close to the coast. Thanks for the explanation.

Ditto on the kudos from greybeard. And it would be interesting to hear from the locals about their thoughts..

When you use Google Earth pro and zoom out far enough that the timeline gives you a picture for each year back till 1984, you will see that the norther part is permanently covered with Water. At least in december where all those pictures have been made.

2019-06-15_16h31_11.thumb.png.0b367ea491cac897879a6efed4b341d2.png

Archived