Nice Job of AUS V2 but one question (Night Lights)

BrettT

First off really nice job on AUS V2!  I do have one question though with regards to what is not included.

It seems that the majority (possibly all?) of the LC FTX Regions have what I would call "extended" night lighting near major cities that extends beyond the AG radius which is what is used to display the "traditional" night lighting.   AUS V2 does not appear to have this feature (or at least around the cities I have checked....Brisbane and Melbourne)  which I feel is an exceptionally nice feature.  Is there a plan to have this added as a service pack or is this not going to be part of AUS V2?

Just looking to get an idea

Thanks,

Brett

AUS V2 does not appear to have the "extended" night lighting around major cities like we see in all of the other FTX LC based regions which made the night environment look significantly better.  Instead it appears to have just the night lighting limited to the radius of the Auto-Gen. 

Is this accurate or is there something wrong with my install?

If so is there a plan to have this added as part of a service pack?

Any insight is appreciated

Thanks Nick,

I was just a bit surprised that the topic got moved to P3D discussions when it seemed to be more of a general question about the product and the original post made no mention of P3D.  That is why it was rephrased as a support ticket.

The extended lighting disappeared for me as well.

You can restore the FTX ROADS folder from V1 and add it back to your scenery library which fixes it. 

However this isn’t really a solution if you never purchased V1.

Hi Brett,

glad to hear that you're enjoying AUv2.

AUv2 has a completely new road network and the additional night-lighting patches created for v1 show local mismatches, which is why we didn't include them. We didn't want to provide replacements right away because there may be further changes needed when adjusting to our existing payware airports. Also, not everyone likes those extended night lights and we are thinking about how best to make them optional. 

Anyone re-activating the AUv1 "FTXAU05_ROADS" folder: make sure that you remove all files other than the 279 or so files with an "!" in front, otherwise chaos will ensue due to partially excluding/overwriting AUv2 roads and other features!

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for the explanation!   Count me as one who thinks the extended night lights look fantastic.  Extending much further than even the highest autogen settings.

Once again a very nice product and I look forward to your next project whatever what that might be.

Kind Regards,

Brett 

Hi guys,

as an update: we're going to provide a new version of the extended night lighting with a service pack based on the AUv2 road network. We're also going to take into account that many Australian cities are in the midst of switching to LED street lighting meaning more white than orange light splashes.

Cheers, Holger

Archived