4.5 is fixed for me.

17 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Right. 

So what V4 versions are your Content & Scenery?

Sorry to bang on about this one, but it helps me figure out getting to v4.5. 

I am on Client v4.3 & I think Content & Scenery are V4.2

Thanks

TTM

Hi TTM, results:

Client - 4.5.12.30293

Content - 4.4.16.27077

Scenery - 4.4.16.27077

11 hours ago, Luquinhas said:

Looking good, Jack! Just curiosity, how long does your loading screen take ? until 100%. Thank you!! mine get stuck at 6% for like 15-20 seconds too, then one minute more 

till 100%, version 4.4 was worse for me, and if I remember well 4.3 was the best in loading time. Another thing that I wish was better is the entrance loading, how long take 

for you guys ? Mine take 2-3 minutes, should be better ! 

Hi Luquinhas, I just did a test.

Loading A2A's 182 at Orbx's Catalina, KAVX.

From the time I clicked OK to when the plane was sitting on the ramp it was 1:46.  One minute forty six seconds.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

That’s great news Jack, I have been missing flying my airliners in P3D...just to confirm, you downloaded & installed latest version of  V4.5 content and then put the V4.5 hot fix on top of it?

Did you also replace content & scenery without upsetting anything?

Yes sir, just 4.5 Client.

Client - 4.5.12.30293

Content - 4.4.16.27077

Scenery - 4.4.16.27077

If I replaced Content and Scenery it would have required a lot of work I wasn't willing to put into it.

18 minutes ago, Taph said:

Nice shots Jack, thanks for the information on the hot fix, I'm get more tempted to move to P3D

You’re welcome Taph.  So far so good, I just made a Southern California flight and all was well.

nice one Jack, looks really good.....currnetly reinstalling everything myself as I had Hard drive failuer, 2 new ones purchased, one for XP and one for p3d / steam....all the downloading and installs to do now......

5 minutes ago, wain71 said:

nice one Jack, looks really good.....currnetly reinstalling everything myself as I had Hard drive failuer, 2 new ones purchased, one for XP and one for p3d / steam....all the downloading and installs to do now......

Thanks Wayne!  Sorry to hear, it seems we spend more time fixing or tweaking than flying :banghead:

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Huge difference, locked solid 30 FPS and no stuttering.  

You are being a huge help Jack.

As you can see I am not an early adopter:)

One more question - have you come across any of your scenery / airports or aircraft that won't work with v4.5/

TTM

10 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

You are being a huge help Jack.

As you can see I am not an early adopter:)

One more question - have you come across any of your scenery / airports or aircraft that won't work with v4.5/

TTM

Not one, I have all Orbx makes and a handful of non-Orbx but haven’t been to them all yet.  But none required updates, Orbx included.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Luquinhas, I just did a test.

Loading A2A's 182 at Orbx's Catalina, KAVX.

From the time I clicked OK to when the plane was sitting on the ramp it was 1:46.  One minute forty six seconds.

Hope this helps.

Like mine, I am fine with it. You didn't need to, thank you very much for the attention.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:47 PM, patful said:

Default is fullscreen optimizations enabled. I'm not really sure what it does. I think it's supposed to force windowed games into a borderless screen, plus optimize your system to run the games. Since I already run P3D fullscreen, I don't really see the point. When Microsoft came out with the Creators Update, folks at Avsim started commenting about the optimizations. Maybe we're all just being paranoid.  But when I clicked the opt-out button, my frames went up a little and stutters were reduced with my 1060. With the 1080, the screen tearing and stutters disappeared, and the frames went up quite a bit.

Boy what a life saver you have been!

I recently purchased three new MSI monitors with 144 Hz freesync. When I tried it with p3d two screens worked fine but the left screen stuttered like hell. It was totally unplayable. I reverted to turning free sync off and use v sync and triple buffering. Not bad but not what I had hope for when purchasing these monitors.

Then I saw this post and I thought I'd give it a try and tick the box..... what a change!! I can now use free sync and the screens look amazing.

Thanks every so much for this tip!!!

32 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm looking forward to a full upgrade to v4.5 fix1. Maybe this weekend. I have to wait to see if REX SF is updated.

Thanks Landon!  Hope to see some pix soon :) 

Archived