Any plans for addon or external location installation

Airwolf

Hi,

A year ago, JV responded to my question in the LM portion of the site (looks like all got changed). He mentioned that Orbx will be using the new addon method of having the sceneries installed outside the root sim directory

Any updates on that procedure? I am not asking for dates - just an idea that it will happen or not.  It will be so much beneficial as P3D gets upgraded regularly and saves times

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, this is included in the next version of the installer, as promised.

Hi Nick

This would be for new products right?

And what would happen to all old ones?

Will they be moved automatically of will we requested to move them to a new position/root?

Thanks

Carlos

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

I don't have the answer yet but I would assume that they could all be moved.

Probably this would only be of value to those with either few products or a

large amount of free time.

Hi Nick

Thanks for replying

Noted

Have a nice Sunday

Cheers

13 hours ago, carlosqr said:

13 hours ago, carlosqr said:

This would be for new products right?

And what would happen to all old ones?

Will they be moved automatically of will we requested to move them to a new position/root?

Hi Carlos,

Products that are already installed will remain installed and in your scenery.cfg.

Any products that you install into Prepar3D v4 using Central will be installed via an add-on package.

There is a handy button that will migrate a product from your simulator root into a "library" (a custom install location):

image.png

More detail will follow in an official announcement soon ;)

21 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Carlos,

Products that are already installed will remain installed and in your scenery.cfg.

Any products that you install into Prepar3D v4 using Central will be installed via an add-on package.

There is a handy button that will migrate a product from your simulator root into a "library" (a custom install location):

image.png

Wow - been waiting for this ever since LM allowed addons to be installed outside root/sim directory  

This will save me so so much time when LM updates P3D - omg.  I wish I was beta testing this when I had the time, but now will be patiently waiting for this release.  

Thank You.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:09 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Carlos,

image.png

Hey,

I just signed up via google forms to beta test this (like a minute before this post) - I wish I could put my handle name on it - but I did put my email address (you will be able to find me).

Thanks

Archived