Question about paying for Orbx products

I have a question about paying for Orbx products.

I have been a victim of online theft many times in the last year and even today was a victim of identity theft.

So my question is this, will Orbx take pre-paid Visa cards?

Thanks.

Jack

29 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

I believe that is indeed  acceptable and has been recommended as a way to pay,

both for people as unlucky as you seem to have been and for those who do not

otherwise have a credit card.

Thanks Nick!  Next purchase will be made this way.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So my question is this, will Orbx take pre-paid Visa cards?

Just be careful that it is a card that can be used overseas!  I bought one a year or so ago and after I tried to use it I found it could only be used in North America!  Just a word of warning!

Roger

6 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Just be careful that it is a card that can be used overseas!  I bought one a year or so ago and after I tried to use it I found it could only be used in North America!  Just a word of warning!

Roger

Thanks Roger, this is what I'm afraid of.  I was planning on going to Publix and buying a pre-paid Visa card, and I thought a Visa would be able to be used anywhere. :huh: 

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Roger, this is what I'm afraid of.  I was planning on going to Publix and buying a pre-paid Visa card, and I thought a Visa would be able to be used anywhere. :huh: 

I would just suggest that you check before you buy, we don't have Publix here, so I tried WalMart and several others that sell Visa and MC prepaid cards and no luck, maybe your bank could do something if Publix don't work out for you! 

Gday Jack,

As Mentioned, even some Credit Cards and Debit Cards are not International unless you specifically request it, some Banking Institutions can be rather a little too careful. Also to note, if a Website Vendor is not on there list and you have specifically asked for International Transactions they may still block payment until you advise the Card's Distributer of the Vendor you wish to be unblocked. It pays to do a little homework mate. If you need help, please PM

Cheers

Rich

7 hours ago, Wakashi said:

I would just suggest that you check before you buy, we don't have Publix here, so I tried WalMart and several others that sell Visa and MC prepaid cards and no luck, maybe your bank could do something if Publix don't work out for you! 

Thanks Roger.  I’m going to have to research this.

2 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Gday Jack,

As Mentioned, even some Credit Cards and Debit Cards are not International unless you specifically request it, some Banking Institutions can be rather a little too careful. Also to note, if a Website Vendor is not on there list and you have specifically asked for International Transactions they may still block payment until you advise the Card's Distributer of the Vendor you wish to be unblocked. It pays to do a little homework mate. If you need help, please PM

Cheers

Rich

Thank you kindly Richard.  I’ll PM later today.

Having a credit card that that wasn't on the accepted list, I first tried using my bank's debit card. I knew I had to get permission to use it outside the US, did so, and Stripe still wouldn't take it. Stripe made me jump through more hoops to get accepted, my bank complied again, and it still didn't work. :huh: I wasn't going to bother my bank a third time, so I got credit card #2 that I KNEW would accept foreign purchases.

Hi Jack

I would ask you bank instead of buying those in big store.

My bank does offer prepaid CC, it's easy for me to refill this one on my bank account (online). It's joined with my bank account. 

I always keep this one empty or maybe with 20$ in it.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Hi Jack

My bank does offer prepaid CC, it's easy for me to refill this one on my bank account (online). It's joined with my bank account. 

Thanks Benny.  It's very difficult for me to do that as it's 30 miles away.  But next time I go there I'm going to ask your exact question, thanks.

22 hours ago, Benny said:

Hi Jack

Just called my credit union, unfortunately they don’t have a system like this.  I’d have to have yet another separate account :banghead:

I looked at Stripe but don’t like the fees.

Archived