trees on apron Gatwick

OOJDM

14 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Ian

I am just hoping someone with much more experience with these “scenery_ packs.ini" will have a look and advise, I am still learning this X-Plane stuff.

Thanks Doug, so am I. The common denominator is True Earth GB South but I stand to be corrected on this.

Kind regards

Ian S

23 hours ago, Ian S said:

Hi Doug

Thought I would post my scenery.ini file in as well as I have same misplaced trees. You will note that I have disabled UK2000 Gatwick to eliminate any fault of this scenery and I still get trees in parking area.

Kind regards

Ian S

scenery_packs.ini 7.34 kB · 5 downloads

I would expect scenery to look fine with that .ini

Usually if something is out of place you end up with no buildings or something similar.....could it just be misplaced trees? Are there not exclusion zones for that sort of thing? Do you have any addons just for trees?

However I have only been XP since v10 so someone mat no better.....

There are two sides to blame for this, firstly us as we've somehow identified trees on an apron :-), and secondly whoever made these airports should be putting exclusion zones down to block trees, and this is simply good practice for anyone making airports

Firstly, I'll create an exclusion block scenery as a temporary fix, but really this should be the authors of the 3rd party airports doing this and adding exclusions is simply good practice, so I'd also suggest telling them about this issue.

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

There are two sides to blame for this, firstly us as we've somehow identified trees on an apron :-), and secondly whoever made these airports should be putting exclusion zones down to block trees, and this is simply good practice for anyone making airports

Firstly, I'll create an exclusion block scenery as a temporary fix, but really this should be the authors of the 3rd party airports doing this and adding exclusions is simply good practice, so I'd also suggest telling them about this issue.

Hi buddy,

One possible solution, and it was and is employed in project management where I worked (long ago ...), is simply zoning the developing area, grouping the existing Orbx airports, and distributing them to their respective developers (or another designated developer) to give the respective green light of their airports when the end of the testing phase.:)

5 hours ago, tonywob said:

Hi Tony

I fully agree but I got the trees showing up on X-Plane stock airport with no 3rd party airport installed, only True Earth GB South.

(See my Scenery_Pack.ini above)

Kind regards

Ian S

The X-Plane stock airports are still made by users/third-parties, so it's the same problem, unfortunately many don't include proper exclusions to block out other scenery in the area and it's a long running problem with regional sceneries. I'll post an exclusion patch scenery here as soon as I can as a temporary solution until the airports and scenery are modified.

Hi

Tony

I did not know that Gateway scenery also contained this problem and have learned something. In no way are my comments about problems/errors in Orbx scenery a slight on the developer in any way as I think your contribution to Orbx X-Plane products has been remarkable and I look forward to many more of the quality of these products in the future.

Kind regards

Ian S

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

@Trustdesa If you have time, then please do post it for others :). It might be best to submit it back to LR in WED so it will be automatically there in 11.33.

If we are talking about the Gateway version of Gatwick yes :) strange that someone who did all that work did not add it... 

Archived