Files Not Found

N10REC

Hello, I just downloaded TE GB South after uninstalling it and reinstalling it a few times to find that I am still having this same issue (see screenshot). Don't know if I did anything wrong but it causes XP-11 to shut down after that error pops up. Anyone know what the problem is? I installed it from the latest version of FTX Central, I have also verified the files before reinstalling the whole thing.image.thumb.png.96b7df7c877843c472e498a37917555c.png

12 hours ago, N10REC said:

Still getting the same error.. I have no idea what else I could do to fix it.

Are you certain you have Visual studio 2013 installed?

If so then go to control panel - programs - programs and features as if you wished to uninstall a program.

Left click Microsoft C++ 2013 redistributable (X64) and then click the "change" button at the top of the list.

From the popup box select "repair" - then repeat the process for C++ 2013 redistributable (X86)

If that does not work please post your log.txt from Xplane main folder as jjaycee1 requested.

1 hour ago, N10REC said:

Yes I do have Visual studio 2013 X64 and X86 installed. image.png.c4efad059a91008200a8fe16a0c2f99b.png

Here is the log.txt 

Log.txt 37.32 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks,

From your log.txt

"0:05:30.145 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:05:30.145 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a830x10020x17.ter
0:05:30.145 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:05:30.145 E/SYS: | ../textures/a830x10020x17.dds
0:05:30.145 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:168)
"

Have you checked to see if the files physically exist?

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a830x10020x17.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/textures/a830x10020x17.DDS

I attached the ter file below but can't upload the dds as it is too large.

did you try and repair C++ 2013 installations just in case?

I'm afraid it is a bit of guess work if that isn't the issue.

I see you have a terrain plugin.

If still no luck and just to eliminate plugins or scripts causing the issue can you temporarily disable them and try again?

a830x10020x17.ter a830x10020x17M.ter

I do have two files that match those names in the terrain folder but nothing in the terrain folder (files attached below).

30 minutes ago, david broome said:

did you try and repair C++ 2013 installations just in case?

I did do the repair process on both of the C++ installations yesterday before verifying files again just to be sure. 

32 minutes ago, david broome said:

I see you have a terrain plugin.

If still no luck and just to eliminate plugins or scripts causing the issue can you temporarily disable them and try again?

Do you think it could be one of the lua scripts or something to do with my ortho and hd mesh addons?

a830x10020x17.ter a830x10020x17M.ter

3 hours ago, N10REC said:

I do have two files that match those names in the terrain folder but nothing in the terrain folder (files attached below).

I did do the repair process on both of the C++ installations yesterday before verifying files again just to be sure. 

Do you think it could be one of the lua scripts or something to do with my ortho and hd mesh addons?

a830x10020x17.ter 159 B · 0 downloads a830x10020x17M.ter 152 B · 0 downloads

Do you have the a830x10020x17.DDS file in your TE South textures folder as well?

If so then I can only guess it is some kind of conflict but I honestly don't know. T

Temporarily disabling your plugins, especially that which is related to terrain would be worth a try. X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\

Just temporarily move any you have out of the plugins folder to your desktop (cut and paste will do) to disable

And also just disable your lua script files temporarily. Move them from scripts to scripts (disabled) folder inside your flywithlua folder (which is inside resources\plugins folder)

5 hours ago, N10REC said:

I do not have the .dds file

An obvious comment coming from me but you should have that DDS file and not having it is the cause of the problem. 

As to how you can get it if you have redownloaded and reinstalled and verified files for TEGB South then I am afraid only Orbx can assist further

As David indicated the file you need is too big to send you via the forum as it is10.6MB

The only other possibility is that you do have it as a jpg and it has not been converted during the Conversion process. To test that theory you could just enter

a830x10020x17 into the Texture search box without the ending .DDS and see if it brings up a file. If not then the whole file is missing.

Either redownload again having removed it from your PC via using FTX Central to uninstall it, or raise a support ticket.

It really looks like an incomplete download and install, so I would try the redownload first. Don't reinstall using any existing copy you may have as it may well be corrupt or incomplete.

1. If when you start X Plane 11, you see this message ,

ORBX GB South XPlane11.JPG

or the same white text on a blue background

Untitled.jpg

then it may be that the file conversion is not complete.

This can be resolved by

a. running "Verify Files" which will restart the conversion process, OR

b. downloading Convert.cmd, placing it into

• X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB South)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB North)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB Central)

and then running it as an Administrator.

For reference:

• the fully installed TE GB South textures folder should contain 12098 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB Central textures folder should contain 7333 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB North textures folder should contain 13586 files and there should be no .jpg files 

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

1. If when you start X Plane 11, you see this message ,

ORBX GB South XPlane11.JPG

or the same white text on a blue background

Untitled.jpg

then it may be that the file conversion is not complete.

This can be resolved by

a. running "Verify Files" which will restart the conversion process, OR

b. downloading Convert.cmd, placing it into

• X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB South)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB North)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB Central)

and then running it as an Administrator.

For reference:

• the fully installed TE GB South textures folder should contain 12098 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB Central textures folder should contain 7333 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB North textures folder should contain 13586 files and there should be no .jpg files 

Like I said before I have tried verifying the files multiple times along with a fresh install.  I tried the convert.cmd but no luck with that. 

After selecting all the files in the folder I noticed that there were less than 9000 filed when there should be 12098. (This is after a fresh install and running the convert.cmd as admin)

image.png

What about disk space?

1. There must be enough disk free space on both the installation disk and the destination disk.

The location used by the installer can be changed, on the FTX Central settings page.

Untitled.jpg

The location of destination disk will be wherever X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery has been installed.

(The destination folder cannot at present be changed in FTX Central. There is however a simple work around which can be found here.)

• The initial download of TEGB South is 26GB, the installation uses at least twice that and the installed product is 127GB
  • The initial download of TEGB Central is 16GB, the installation uses at least twice that and the installed product is 77.3GB
  • The initial download of TEGB North is 22GB, the installation uses at least twice that and the installed product is 142GB

So, if you are still missing approx. 3000 files, it might be a good idea to look a bit closer to disk space issues. Pretty much every possible issue other than antivirus issues are covered in Nicks installation topic, there really is nothing else.

Archived