LEBB update issues

I have just updated LEBB to 1.10 and my FPS has been killed by it, my sim has dropped from 35FPS to 8-10 FPS. It seems that once my aircraft takes off from the runway, I get my normal performance back. I have tried other airports and they are still run as per normal, so its does seem to be an issue with LEBB. I have deactivated the grass and passengers in the terminal, but that didn't change anything. Any ideas as now LEBB is a NO-GO  

On 4/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, David Mooney said:

I have just updated LEBB to 1.10 and my FPS has been killed by it, my sim has dropped from 35FPS to 8-10 FPS. It seems that once my aircraft takes off from the runway, I get my normal performance back. I have tried other airports and they are still run as per normal, so its does seem to be an issue with LEBB. I have deactivated the grass and passengers in the terminal, but that didn't change anything. Any ideas as now LEBB is a NO-GO  

In testing we have not experienced any major performance drop with the new version. If the old version ran fine, then I would recommend trying to reinstall the scenery, maybe you've got some duplicated files that causes this issue, we have that issue coming up every now and then with these big updates.

If not, I think the biggest performance killer for this scenery would be autogen settings and drawing distances of those.

But first off I would reinstall the scenery.

Hello,

I have run into similar problem in updated version of LEBB. In previous version I had stable 30fps. My humble guess it is dynamic lights related, standing on runway without lights still gives an ok performance, though a bit lower than previous version. As soon as I switch on landing lights it's a killer, I get 15fps. As mentioned in previous post, I have checked other airports and all is working perfectly. I have tried switching of dynamic light in scenery configuration but it is the same result. 

David did you get the problem solved by re-installing?

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

Sergej

5 hours ago, seedosip said:

Hello,

I have run into similar problem in updated version of LEBB. In previous version I had stable 30fps. My humble guess it is dynamic lights related, standing on runway without lights still gives an ok performance, though a bit lower than previous version. As soon as I switch on landing lights it's a killer, I get 15fps. As mentioned in previous post, I have checked other airports and all is working perfectly. I have tried switching of dynamic light in scenery configuration but it is the same result. 

David did you get the problem solved by re-installing?

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

Sergej

Hello Sergej, I haven't been able to find the issue and suffering the same as you even after deleting and re-installing. 

23 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

In testing we have not experienced any major performance drop with the new version. If the old version ran fine, then I would recommend trying to reinstall the scenery, maybe you've got some duplicated files that causes this issue, we have that issue coming up every now and then with these big updates.

If not, I think the biggest performance killer for this scenery would be autogen settings and drawing distances of those.

But first off I would reinstall the scenery.

I have turned off all of the features after deleting and then re-installing LEBB but I gained about 1FPS, it is unusable in its current form....but it does look great (when im not moving lol) 

Any ideas what I can do? 

I can't really think of any reason why the new version would cause issues. I assume you are running P3D v4.4 and have got no other sceneries in the area that could cause an issue?

Sergej mentioned Dynamic Lights, which can cause a performance drop, especially when in combination with high Anti-Aliasing settings. Dynamic reflections can also cause performance issues.

Maybe the both of you can post a few screens from the scenery and maybe I can spot if there are any visual issues (like duplicate files for instance), and your P3D settings for Display, World & Lighting and we can see if I can spot anything there that would cause that huge performance drop?

Also, I assume none of you have updated the scenery in any unofficial way now or previous? There are modified AFCADs (or nowadays more refered to as ADE-files) floating around on the internet for the previous version, which if not removed could cause issues.

Hi!

I have removed the scenery in FTX Central and downloaded it again. It was very late so I did not test it yet but as David has experienced it looks like the problem is elsewhere. It should not be specs or settings related as other big sceneries like Madrid Barajas, Lisbon etc. are working perfectly. On the other hand previous Bilbao version worked perfectly as well with the same PC and same settings. One thing I have to mention is that I am using home cockpit with 3Tvs set up. Without switching landing lights I get stable 30fps, as soon as I switch the landing lights it drops to 10-15fps. I will test reinstalled scenery this evening. Any other clues what could cause this massive drop?

Cheers

Sergej

Marcus,

Just seen your post after posting my reply. Indeed after reinstall I will do some screenshots that's if the issue persists :P

I indeed use P3D v4.4 with only client installed, I will do the test updating content as well. I have not downloaded any unofficial afcads, everything from FTX Central. 

Just for comparison from another ORBX scenery, I do get stable good fps in ESSA with dynamic lights at dusk.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Sergej

Sergej, just a question out of curiosity (nothing to do with LEBB). How do you get your P3D v4.4 to work with ONLY Client installed? That can NOT be possible. P3D needs Client, Content and Sceenery to work. But maybe you mean that when you updated to v4.4 you just updated only the Client-module. :D

Jack

the Swede in Spain

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I can't really think of any reason why the new version would cause issues. I assume you are running P3D v4.4 and have got no other sceneries in the area that could cause an issue?

Sergej mentioned Dynamic Lights, which can cause a performance drop, especially when in combination with high Anti-Aliasing settings. Dynamic reflections can also cause performance issues.

Maybe the both of you can post a few screens from the scenery and maybe I can spot if there are any visual issues (like duplicate files for instance), and your P3D settings for Display, World & Lighting and we can see if I can spot anything there that would cause that huge performance drop?

Also, I assume none of you have updated the scenery in any unofficial way now or previous? There are modified AFCADs (or nowadays more refered to as ADE-files) floating around on the internet for the previous version, which if not removed could cause issues.

Screen shots 12-14 are with all the features turned off, screen shots 15-17 are with all the features turned on. As you can see, there isn't a great deal of difference in the FPS, so its not the features that are causing the issue. I took the pictures without any weather engine running, so it was quite basic, adding any weather when the system is running at 15-17 fps is a killer. Hope this helps :-)

Yes, im running P3D v4.4

Screenshot (12).jpg

Screenshot (13).jpg

Screenshot (14).jpg

Screenshot (15).jpg

Screenshot (16).jpg

Screenshot (17).jpg

2 hours ago, seedosip said:

Marcus,

Just seen your post after posting my reply. Indeed after reinstall I will do some screenshots that's if the issue persists :P

I indeed use P3D v4.4 with only client installed, I will do the test updating content as well. I have not downloaded any unofficial afcads, everything from FTX Central. 

Just for comparison from another ORBX scenery, I do get stable good fps in ESSA with dynamic lights at dusk.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Sergej

Hi Sergej,

What is your AA (on the Display page in the P3D menu) setting? Does this happen both at night and daytime? Please check by loading both scenerios (not just using the Time Preview feature as it will load different objects depending on time of day).

At ESSA I removed normal maps from the ground except close to the terminals, but at LEBB we use them over the whole airport but not at night. So if it happens that you have bad frames daytime but not night time at LEBB, the normal maps can be the issue for you.

Regards,

Marcus

56 minutes ago, David Mooney said:

Screen shots 12-14 are with all the features turned off, screen shots 15-17 are with all the features turned on. As you can see, there isn't a great deal of difference in the FPS, so its not the features that are causing the issue. I took the pictures without any weather engine running, so it was quite basic, adding any weather when the system is running at 15-17 fps is a killer. Hope this helps :-)

Yes, im running P3D v4.4

Thanks David,

Do you have similar frames night time (please load night time and not only Time Preview)?

Also what are your AA-settings?

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks David,

Do you have similar frames night time (please load night time and not only Time Preview)?

Also what are your AA-settings?

18 and 19 are at 1am without any weather injected and all features ticked, I think I lose about 1-3 FPS.....so that's nothing really in the grand scheme when the FPS are at 30ish. Picture 20 once away shows that once I am off the ground and into a built up area that my FPS are in the low 50's. Picture 21 shows my settings

Screenshot (18).jpg

Screenshot (19).jpg

Screenshot (20).jpg

Screenshot (21).png

I have same issues as David, as it is home cockpit I fly PMDG 738 only and as David, I don't have any issues in other sceneries. My AA setting is 4MSAA with vsync and TVs at 30hz.  During the day no issues with the performance, just tried dusk and it's still good unless I switch landing lights on, then it's coming to 15fps. I have made a few trials and as I have mentioned I have 3tvs in viewgroup, on 1tv I still get 30fps but as soon as I use 3tv viewgroup with landing lights on it's a killer. I have checked the resource manager and graphic card usage is at 100%, so that's the reason for low fps. This does not happen in any other scenery. I did complete reinstall of the scenery and updated content of p3dv4.

14 hours ago, seedosip said:

I have same issues as David, as it is home cockpit I fly PMDG 738 only and as David, I don't have any issues in other sceneries. My AA setting is 4MSAA with vsync and TVs at 30hz.  During the day no issues with the performance, just tried dusk and it's still good unless I switch landing lights on, then it's coming to 15fps. I have made a few trials and as I have mentioned I have 3tvs in viewgroup, on 1tv I still get 30fps but as soon as I use 3tv viewgroup with landing lights on it's a killer. I have checked the resource manager and graphic card usage is at 100%, so that's the reason for low fps. This does not happen in any other scenery. I did complete reinstall of the scenery and updated content of p3dv4.

16 hours ago, David Mooney said:

I just tried the AC11 at LEBB and (other brand) EGPK and there was a difference of roughly 20FPS

Well I'm sorry guys, I can't seem to replicate your performance drop. We could try disabling some files and see if we can track down exactly what is causing the loss. I've prepared a small texture downsize for some of the big texture sheets that should free up a little bit of memory from your graphics card, that might help but yeah, it's weird.

The ONLY reason I can really tell would cause this drop is duplicate files running, but if you have both uninstalled the scenery and reinstalled it (to be sure it's gone you can check P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/ and see so the FTX_AA_LEBB folder is completely removed prior to installing again).

If you have time to try to temporarily remove (just place the file in another folder or change the format from .bgl to .OFF) LEBB_2019_MAIN_PLC.bgl. You can find the file in P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_LEBB/Scenery. Do this prior to starting the simulator. This is the main placement file for terminal buildings etc so it might look a bit empty but it might help to see if its actually the airport itself that's causing it. Please note that you should get better frames as we are removing a lot of content but what I'm interested in is if it actually brings it back to "normal".

Then, separately try to remove the file ORBX_LEBB_GP_P3D_Objectflow.XML and do the same test (but with LEBB_2019_MAIN_PLC.bgl active instead). This helps us rule out that it has anything to do with the ground at the airport.

IF, and this is important, IF you still see the terminal building when having the first file disabled, or still see the ground textures and not only a bit blurry satellite photo with some default details to it, we have duplicate files running. Also, while I'm thinking about it, if any of you are running MyTraffic that could also cause this issue as they place their own AFCAD per default for airports which can cause issues. If you run that program, let me know.

I have a quite good computer, but note that I'm running 3Ds Max and Photoshop in the same time which are both GPU and memory intense tools, and these are still my frames with almost every single option at max. I used the Aerosoft Airbus as I saw you had this in your testing David, thought it might help for comparsion.

Are any of you by the way setting graphic cards settings with Nvidia Inspector or you only have P3D to have it set?

If you want to try to downgrade some texture to free up some memory you can download the textures on this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3c72lztcyncrw48/AAABw4PPodYHYbCfwn457ELoa?dl=1

3.thumb.jpg.c7b47915d36fca0ad275156c5e32cc73.jpg2.thumb.jpg.36f012c8445e7265ad2268725d67fa6a.jpg1.thumb.jpg.ec5935275027e38b7acc2d8685ebde70.jpg

1624732751_Prepar3D2019-04-1009-02-48.thumb.png.136f36ccc57b50466bbf06b6217131e5.png511848566_Prepar3D2019-04-1009-01-05.thumb.png.9246cd55f2b0ce7526b227f230e49d90.png

Marcus,

Thanks a lot for your support! This evening I will try removing those files and see what happens. In my case I don't use NI, only P3D settings. 

As I could confirm from graphics card load, it's only the dynamic landing lights that kill the performance, as soon as I switch the lights off for taxi I get stable performance. Tried ESSA yesterday, dynamic lights eat may be 3-4fps but not 15 like happens in LEBB. I know that using viewgroup can affect the performance quite a lot but I did spent a fair amount of time to find a good settings/quality compromise and in most sceneries I can get 25-30fps stable, which also was the case of previous Bilbao version.

Will do all the test that you have suggested and will keep you posted! 

Cheers,

Sergej

Just now, seedosip said:

Marcus,

Thanks a lot for your support! This evening I will try removing those files and see what happens. In my case I don't use NI, only P3D settings. 

As I could confirm from graphics card load, it's only the dynamic landing lights that kill the performance, as soon as I switch the lights off for taxi I get stable performance. Tried ESSA yesterday, dynamic lights eat may be 3-4fps but not 15 like happens in LEBB. I know that using viewgroup can affect the performance quite a lot but I did spent a fair amount of time to find a good settings/quality compromise and in most sceneries I can get 25-30fps stable, which also was the case of previous Bilbao version.

Will do all the test that you have suggested and will keep you posted! 

Cheers,

Sergej

Thanks Sergej,

I assume you have the latest updates for ESSA as well, in that case they actually use the same dynamic lights effects, which makes it even more weird.

Good morning,

I have been doing test till late night yesterday. I have removed both bgl files separately and this did not change anything, same fps drop with landing lights. Then I have removed all the possible options that come on by default during the install. I have finally found that it was 3d grass in my case that killed the performance during dusk with landing light's! Hope this will help someone!

Many thanks for the support, my favourite scenery is back on!

Cheers,

Sergej

1 hour ago, seedosip said:

Good morning,

I have been doing test till late night yesterday. I have removed both bgl files separately and this did not change anything, same fps drop with landing lights. Then I have removed all the possible options that come on by default during the install. I have finally found that it was 3d grass in my case that killed the performance during dusk with landing light's! Hope this will help someone!

Many thanks for the support, my favourite scenery is back on!

Cheers,

Sergej

Thanks Sergej for the testing and also very glad to see that you found the solution. I'm sure it will be helpful for other users as well,

Cheers,

Marcus

David,

From what I have seen from your posts, your system is very similar to mine, I have a bit weaker graphics (gtx1080) but a lot of demand for 3tvs in a viewgroup. I did notice that city lights did eat up at least 4-5 fps at dusk although they look awesome! I could live without grass :) and it was the mayor killer for my frames at dusk/night and landing light's on. 

Hope you find a solution as it's such a great and challenging place to fly to!

Cheers,

Sergej

6 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

It seems David found that it was the aircraft that was causing the issue?

Not at all, I found that Orbx LEBB was a good 20FPS slower than (other brand) EGPK, so no its not the aircraft but LEBB that seems to be my systems issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, David Mooney said:

I just tried all the same settings of weather and time at LOWI and it is double the FPS there, so its certainly a specific LEBB issue

We havent been able to recreate the issue and we have not had any problems with performance in testing, or reported . I will keep an eye open for stuff that can cause this but as for now I don't know what we can do to further assist you David, I'm sorry. I've been discussing it with fellow developers and maybe they can come up with some ideas.

Even if it's a drastic move, a clean install of P3D might help

2 minutes ago, David Mooney said:

OMG the dreaded words...……….clean install lol! Ok, no problem, thanks for trying to help :-) 

Haha yeah sorry..

Still the absolute main reason I would see for this performance drop is duplicate files running but as you already tried reinstalling the scenery and you don’t have anything else that could interfere it is more unlikely.

you could try uninstalling the scenery again, checking so the orbx/ftx_global/ftx_aa_lebb folder is properly removed and try installing again just to be on the safe side that the reinstallation was properly executed.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe what is causing the issue here is the configurator for LEBB within FTX Central.

When I make any change, for example when I turn off statics, instead of changing the name of LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl to LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl.off  it creates a copy of LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl with the name LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl.off. So now I have a file named LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl, a file named LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl.off, a file named LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl and a file named LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl.off. I believe this is causing all the FPS issues since there are duplicate files for every single configurator option.

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do and I am talking rubbish, but I thought it was better to share my opinion just in case.    

Sin título.jpg

Hello,

the control panel will not work like that.

Please remove LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl and LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl.off

Then go to the control panel and ensure that it is set to no statics.

It should then work as intended.

Thanks for the answer,

What I am saying is that I didn't create any of those files by myself. I made a new install and those duplicate files were gone but in the moment I used the control panel to remove the statics, these files were created again. Maybe it's something in my end, but I just wanted to let you know that this might be an issue that is also affecting others.

36 minutes ago, ablanc1 said:

Thanks for the answer,

What I am saying is that I didn't create any of those files by myself. I made a new install and those duplicate files were gone but in the moment I used the control panel to remove the statics, these files were created again. Maybe it's something in my end, but I just wanted to let you know that this might be an issue that is also affecting others.

This is very interesting, 

David, maybe check if this happened to you as well? @David Mooney

Unfortunately I also have very poor FPS since last update. I tried even fresh installation of P3D 4.5 without success. It's strange because other airports such as KSAN, KEGE or LOWI work great with 60 fps. Lastly I did flight LIEO-LEBB Maddog MD-80 and during the landing at LEBB fps suddenly go down by half

2 hours ago, rafgath said:

Unfortunately I also have very poor FPS since last update. I tried even fresh installation of P3D 4.5 without success. It's strange because other airports such as KSAN, KEGE or LOWI work great with 60 fps. Lastly I did flight LIEO-LEBB Maddog MD-80 and during the landing at LEBB fps suddenly go down by half

Did you check  previous post if this affected you as well?

Archived