Hi Jack.

Dadtom65

Just visited your local airport in Google Maps that is . Is that your home next to the airport with the swimming pool. Very nice :lol:. Also see there is another small airport not far away. Plus I didn’t realise that Atlanta was close as well. On our first trip to Florida because EasyJet had over booked we had to fly to Atlanta and change there to another flight to Orlando. Happy days. Think I might try a flight there tonight unless I get called again tonight to help in the Division 2. Was going to PM you but could not find how to do it. Derek.

12 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Just visited your local airport in Google Maps that is . Is that your home next to the airport with the swimming pool. Very nice :lol:. Also see there is another small airport not far away. Plus I didn’t realise that Atlanta was close as well. On our first trip to Florida because EasyJet had over booked we had to fly to Atlanta and change there to another flight to Orlando. Happy days. Think I might try a flight there tonight unless I get called again tonight to help in the Division 2. Was going to PM you but could not find how to do it. Derek.

Hi Derek, that house belongs to a lady I know, Mrs. Miller.  She owns 25GA, it's .75 miles from my house.  She lets me hike through it, it's a private strip called Miller's Field.  Yeah, as the crow flys the runways are maybe 5-6 miles max.  I get hundreds, no thousands of planes DIRECTLY over my house every year.  It gets real old real fast especially the MD-88's.  They're like 1 Db legal on the FAA's noise reduction program.  When they're landing it's not so bad but when they're taking off, man the noise is terrible.  I know a lot of people would love having all kinds of jets 2500-3500 feet directly over their heads but after working them all my life and living under the flight path, man it's old.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:10 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Derek, that house belongs to a lady I know, Mrs. Miller.  She owns 25GA, it's .75 miles from my house.  She lets me hike through it, it's a private strip called Miller's Field.  Yeah, as the crow flys the runways are maybe 5-6 miles max.  I get hundreds, no thousands of planes DIRECTLY over my house every year.  It gets real old real fast especially the MD-88's.  They're like 1 Db legal on the FAA's noise reduction program.  When they're landing it's not so bad but when they're taking off, man the noise is terrible.  I know a lot of people would love having all kinds of jets 2500-3500 feet directly over their heads but after working them all my life and living under the flight path, man it's old.

Had to go and check it out in XP.  What a great spot.  I would build a tower on my roof with powerful binoculars!  Cheers.

1 hour ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Had to go and check it out in XP.  What a great spot.  I would build a tower on my roof with powerful binoculars!  Cheers.

That would work but I have to tell ya from experience it gets old fast.

Archived