TE North Bugs

Berni374

Hi,

I loved the TE south, so that i now bought the north as well.

Unfortunately my first two flight showed some bugs:

The Area around EG38 is white as you can see in the attached picture. 

The Area North of Edinborgh which should be covered isnt - there is just the default - scernery

Then in Edinburgh there is the Allianz-Arena, know from Munich, Germany

Because of this I retried the entire download for a second time. Still the same - Verifing Installation with FTX Central shows - everthing is ok. 

The installation uses 142Gb on the same SSD where X-Plane is - so the ORBX- Folders are in the Custom Scenery - I Use XOrganizer and unchecked all other Orthos and Sceneryparts in that area.

Can anybody help me ? - I put my scenerypacks.ini here also. 

scenery_packs.ini

2019-03-26 19_49_44-Window.png

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Here is a topic about a white tile.

Can you show a screen shot of the "area North of Edinburgh" please, showing where the scenery changes.

Please take the picture in spot view to allow the scenery to be seen.

Your scenery_pack.ini is really screwed up so no wonder you are having visual anomalies. There are too many errors in the .ini for me to go through I'm afraid. I can only suggest you look at the format for layering which is:

3rd party addon airports

Global airports

Sceneries

Libraries

Ortho photoreal (except Orbx TEGB)

Mesh

Hi Berni

I would add to jjaycee1's comments by saying 'how your flightsim is even working at all is nothing short of a miracle'.

As well as jjaycee1's format of layering in his post, I would add the following link submitted by Orbx CEO John Venema about how to install True Earth GB.

Hope you find all your Bugs disappear after correcting your .ini file

Kind regards

Ian S

There are many, many people who sing the praises of X-Organiser but if X-Organiser was responsible for this Scenery_pack.ini then I must refrain from comment!!!

I tried it once, it was a demo, and it seemed to stick entries anywhere in the ini.

10 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

There are many, many people who sing the praises of X-Organiser but if X-Organiser was responsible for this Scenery_pack.ini then I must refrain from comment!!!

I tried it once, it was a demo, and it seemed to stick entries anywhere in the ini.

Moi aussie!

And it didn't seem to recognise half the stuff I had installed. However if you have a very basic XPL installation it's OK, I s'pose.

13 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Moi aussie!

And it didn't seem to recognise half the stuff I had installed. However if you have a very basic XPL installation it's OK, I s'pose.

Version 2 is now out but is now payware

Kind regards

Ian S

Thanks so far - I tried a few things so far. As Nick mentioned the corrupt tile -issue is not an isoltated thing on my system. I found the corupt tile, deletet it an did the verfy-scan in FTX - it donwoaded the same corupt tiles again - so this didn't help. 

I can understand that you might think, the scenery order is faulty - I relay on Xorganizer a lot. I have a lot of freeware stuff that works well so far - I deactivated everthing that could cause trouble and since i found the corrupt tile it does not seem to be the problem. 

2019-03-27 13_50_58-Greenshot.png

The Edinburgh - issue : This error is after turning north from EGPH . South from the River or bay everthing is fine - north, which surely should be covered there is no overlay - so no streets or buildings - the colours don't match. 

I just bought Xorganizier 2.0 to be sure of the .ini - same thing so far. 

I keep trying. 

2019-03-27 14_20_21-Window.png

2019-03-27 14_21_33-Window.png

15 minutes ago, Berni374 said:

The Edinburgh - issue : This error is after turning north from EGPH . South from the River or bay everthing is fine - north, which surely should be covered there is no overlay - so no streets or buildings - the colours don't match. 

I just bought Xorganizier 2.0 to be sure of the .ini - same thing so far. 

I keep trying. 

2019-03-27 14_20_21-Window.png

2019-03-27 14_21_33-Window.png

2019-03-27 14_45_31-Window.png

34 minutes ago, Berni374 said:

I found these 4 tiles - they al have their 10.6MB as thei should 

9ca0xfd00x17

9cc0xfcf0x17

9cb0xfd00x17

9cb0xfcf0x17

How can we tell ORBX to re-compile that?

Tony Wob, Nick Cooper are you montoring?

The boundary should be South - I dont have Central, just South and North so far. I did disable ANYTHING in the Scenery.ini and have still the same issue. 

Refering to the Coverage-Map everthing North and West from Edinburgh should be covered:

2019-03-28 16_33_14-Window.png

Looking in your scenery_packs.ini file, you have a lot of third-party orthos, World2XPlane scenery and some landmark parks:

SCENERY_PACK E:\Scenerien nicht in Benutzung\zOrtho4XP_+56-003/
SCENERY_PACK E:\Scenerien nicht in Benutzung\zOrtho4XP_+56-004/
SCENERY_PACK E:\Scenerien nicht in Benutzung\zOrtho4XP_+57-003/
SCENERY_PACK E:\Scenerien nicht in Benutzung\zOrtho4XP_+57-004/

Those above lines indicate you have your own orthos covering the part in Edinburgh where you see the ortho seams. In addition, you have lots of third-party landmark packs that are overriding TrueEarth, so you're not seeing the landmarks that come with that scenery.

As others have pointed out, your scenery order is quite messed up and you have lots of conflicting packages in the wrong order. I'd suggest you reorganise so that all of your TrueEarth stuff is above anything else except airports, and the disable any World2XPlane scenery that may cover the same area.

Upload your log.txt so we can see exactly what is being loaded in when you get the faulty scenery.

As others have said you scenery_packs.ini is not laid out correctly looking at the ini you posted.

If you have a fast PC and the space it is sometimes quicker to just move the custom scenery folder out of Xplane and run the installer so you have a default custom scenery folder and scenery_packs.ini.

Then move your OrbX scenery back into the folder and run Xplane until first menu and then quit out.

You will see the  ORbX scenery has been automatically written toy uor scenery_packs.ini but ensure it is below global airports on the list and in the correct order of custom, overlay, ortho (from top to bottom)

You can then see if another scenery caused the error.

If not you can then add the sceneries you use back one by one and repeat the process, always going back after running Xplane to the first menu and quitting out and reaarranging your ini.

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE AFTER EACH EDIT

Deactivating scenery by editing the ini is also viable but when you have a lot of entries it can be hard to remember what you reactivated and deactivated and starting from scratch can actually be a lot easier as well as more methodical.

Ensure you have custom airport scenery above global airports

All custom objects just below global airports.

All other object sceneries below custom objects.

All ortho/photo scenery below object sceneries

And finally all mesh

Libraries can go anywhere but are best kept together and placing just below global airports for tidiness.

It doesn't matter if the mesh or ortho is for an airport, still use the above order.

This may be quite undertaking but your scenery is in dire need of some gardening and once you have it all correct it is easy to keep in order with each new addition once you understand the order.

The thing is you can get away with placing things in the incorrect order and have them work but they will break as soon as you add a scenery that conflicts.

Because your new scenery may overwrite/suppress the other scenery you may think all is well but then some day you reload your original scenery and find it is broken.

This is why people can understandably get in such a muddle and wonder why a scenery worked one day but not the next. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - havent been there for a while - thanks for your sugestions - I will try those things soon and report. 

- Well just tried and it works - i still use XOrganizer but put all the OrbX-Stuff in a dedicatet folder to they will all apear under Airports all togehter - Edinburgh works that way. 

Archived