TrueEarth GB South v1.1 coming soon for P3D v4!

Good news for P3Dv4  pilots - we are days away from releasing v1.1 of TrueEarth GB South for P3Dv4 as a free update to all those who own the software. 

The change is shorter than the XP version, but that is mostly because the POIs that were included in SP1 for X-Plane were already included in the P3D version. We have mostly focused on optimization and the addition of a panel which allows you more granular control over the objects in the package. 

Most of these fixes and additions were things you requested, so as always, thank you all for your support and feedback! 

• We have added a Control Panel which allows you to manage more than 135,000 objects
  • Autogen buildings have been revised and optimized to more accurately reflecting the region
  • Adjustments and corrections have been made to the models of custom footprint buildings.
  • Fixed various user reported bugs

Updating to 1.1 will be a simple process using Orbx Central so you can get up in the air with minimal hassle. 

You can look forward to the update being released soon - if you don't have TrueEarth GB South for P3Dv4, you can pick it up here.

Have a good one! 

I Aimee, when possible, when you post about update could you say what is the size (about) of the update.

I know that most people have fast and unlimited internet at home but a few us us don't, especially when talking about TE scenery 

Many thanks, Ben

Good to hear P3D is not far off receiving an update!

I too would like there to be a changelog, so that we can see what has been included.

P3D did indeed receive some extra POIs ahead of XP, however, there is now a substantial list of outstanding models for P3D following XP's SP1 release, e.g. most stadia, several castles, Dungeness Power Station, additional London tall buildings, among others.

I feel that seeing a changelog would lessen any over-anticipation by us simmers if this update is more of a fix rather than "SP1", which is not how it is being described.

The imminent release of TrueEarth GB South v1.1 is indeed good news!  Thanks, Orbx!  The Control Panel will be much appreciated as well as the other fixes including the revision of the autogen.   I do know that many of the POIs (but not all) newly added by the XP11 SP1 version of TE GB South were already in the original P3Dv4 release of TrueEarth GB South and that was a real plus for P3Dv4 users though I have not had time to see most of them yet. 

Based on F737NG's previous post in this thread,  I checked my list of the 140 Castles and Forts or so that I have already verified were included with the object libraries that came with the initial TE GB South for P3Dv4 release.  I now realize that there are at least 20 new castles in the XP11 SP1 344 POI list that were not in the original P3Dv4 release of TE GB South for P3Dv4.  So, along with other POIs that F737NG mentioned,  there are many POIs listed on the XP11 SP1 344 POI list that were not in the original P3Dv4 release.  I am truly excited that so many more POIs will still be coming!  Not many companies would add so many additional objects at no extra charge.  Thank you , Orbx!   Since Aimee did not mention additional POIs coming in v1.1, I am assuming I will be waiting a bit longer for these additional POIs along with the associated  PBR capabilities.  That is not a problem for me.  

Meanwhile, v1.1 will deliver the much-needed Control Panel and fixes which willl re-energize me to begin flying many VFR flights with optimized FPS and revised autogen, enjoying the fabulous scenery while trying to visually find and inspect the 140 castles and forts, the cities, the little towns/villages, the rivers, the bridges, the airfields, the lighthouses along the coasts and so many other sights to see in this beautiful scenery.   So much to see and so little time.....and there is much more to come!

Rod   

Thanks, ORBX for the v1.1 update for TE GB South for P3Dv4.  The Control Panel works and allows me to reduce load when flying in London which improves my frame rates.   When I am outside London I usually leave most of the control panel checked.  The autogen seems to fit in better for me though I haven't been able to make direct comparisons to the old autogen.   

The Clifton Bridge is fixed!  Yay!   The only other model fixes I was looking for, which are not in the update, were the problems with the extrusion bridge overlays on the Brunel Bridge and Calstock Viaduct and the fact that the Brunel bridge does not reach the terrain on either end.  I have reported these issues today in the support thread.   Hopefully, you will get them corrected in the next update.

Meanwhile, since I am a scenery developer, I created my own temporary patch to fix the above problems.  Once fixed, the Brunel Bridge and Calstock Viaduct do look beautiful.     See pics below:

Brunel%20Bridge%201.png?dl=0

Brunel%20Bridge%202.png?dl=0

Calstock%20Viaduct%201.png?dl=0

Calstock%20Viaduct%202.png?dl=0

If anyone wants a copy of my temporary patch, feel free to PM me.  It is freeware and easy to add!

Rod

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The Tamar Road Bridge looks a bit odd in those screenshots. The towers do not seem to be high enough above the road deck. If this is how it looks for everyone else, then I would suggest that we need a fix to correct this.

Agreed! https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=CwKv91cA&id=81305A50D40AD2FF55C046F6B72DB7C83B6E81A1&thid=OIP.CwKv91cAkOIgcUC2yyTMZQHaCp&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.saltash.gov.uk%2Fimages%2Fhomepage_ss%2Ftamarbridge1.jpg&exph=346&expw=969&q=tamar+road+bridge&simid=607994697269576420&selectedindex=14&ajaxhist=0&vt=0

It appears to be an extrusion bridge lashed together with some modelling, it appears to have 2 white vertical column supports that don't exist in RL?

Kevin is quite correct that an extrusion bridge overlays the Tamar Bridge model (which could use taller towers as Christopher mentioned).  In my patch, I did not remove that extrusion bridge because the busy traffic would then run across the water down below which looks a lot worse than the two extra white columns.  I did forget to report that problem but I will now.

Rod  

On 3/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, Danm1980 said:

Will there be a winter texture update at some point  as hesitant to buy it yet?.

Thanks.

Hi Rod, Any chance of posting your fixes in the Community Scenery section?

or maybe just a pm?

Cheers

19 minutes ago, bruce e said:

Hi Rod, Any chance of posting your fixes in the Community Scenery section?

or maybe just a pm?

Cheers

"....or maybe just a pm?"   PM is fine for now.   Not sure if a temp patch really fits in community software.   Once I hear from anyone that has already PM'd me that the fix works for them, I can then just post a link to the patch.  

Rod

5 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

"....or maybe just a pm?"   PM is fine for now.   Not sure if a temp patch really fits in community software.   Once I hear from anyone that has already PM'd me that the fix works for them, I can then just post a link to the patch.  

Rod

Seems to work for me Rod, thanks

Thanks, Kevin, for the feedback!

For anyone else that wants a temporary, simple add on file patch to correct the uneeded and visually disruptive extrusion bridge overlays on the Brunel Bridge and Calstock Viaduct as well as an add on file patch that ensures the terrain meets both ends of the Brunel bridge, here is the link for those patches with instructions included:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvj0z3tequft4d8/Temp Calstock %26 Brunel Patches.zip?dl=0

Rod

6 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Literally just tested the bridges. 
A couple of graphical representation issues with the Tamar Bridge that you had already mentioned, but much better than before.

Looks good, thanks very much for the patch!

It appears to be an extrusion bridge lashed together with some modelling....

Not really what I would expect for one of the iconic bridges of the British Isles. It needs a detailed bespoke 3D model.....and I would argue that this should be the case for all of the other large bridges and viaducts throughout the UK. I do not expect to see them all appear as if by magic, but I would hope that this could be a target for future updates. Large bridges are just about the most visible and important examples of 3D landmarks, since they can be seen from considerable distances.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, F737NG said:

Good to hear P3D is not far off receiving an update!

I too would like there to be a changelog, so that we can see what has been included.

P3D did indeed receive some extra POIs ahead of XP, however, there is now a substantial list of outstanding models for P3D following XP's SP1 release, e.g. most stadia, several castles, Dungeness Power Station, additional London tall buildings, among others.

I feel that seeing a changelog would lessen any over-anticipation by us simmers if this update is more of a fix rather than "SP1", which is not how it is being described.

I concur, For example in the Birmingham area, after the XP 11 SP1 update, the football club stadiums of BCFC, AVFC & WBA were improved. It was announced that the P3D version would already have these XP 11 landmark SP1 improvements at initial release and I'm still not seeing the improvements even after the P3D SP1 update.

Archived