TrueEarth GB South and Central SP1’s incoming

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're at the point where it should be offered to a keen customer and long-time forum member to complete the .kml files for TE NL, TE GB South, Central and North in a similar style to the regions .kml files (such as Germany North or South).

Such a volunteer would save one of the development team from having to spend their valuable time on a non-primary task.

The incentive could be a small scenery for free.

Thoughts @John Venema?

Flying around my local area, Bakewell/Matlock and the Peak District, all the roads appear very light in colour with a white band either side and a yellow line down the centre.

Obviously, it's nothing like that in reality.

I would gladly pay a higher price for a professional version of this scenery, for it to be accurate and more immersive and with a better photographic base level.

Whilst I'm having a moan, Chatsworth House, a very special stately home in these parts, looks like a block of flats!

Phil

Hi guys,

The KMZ files for the TEGB region is something I'm working on, and I apologise that they are not quite ready for release at the moment but they needed significant clean-up when transferring data from the spreadsheets we use internally to check data. This is at the same time as generating the thousands of POIs needed for Washington state, Oregon and, now, California.

I'm close to being able to release them but it might be a couple of weeks due to the workloads I have from various sources!

I'm aware that there are still some significant POIs that are missing - Chatsworth House, the Transporter Bridge, some of the more iconic Welsh castles, etc. Please post these up in the POI forum and they will be added to the list for future SPs (there is such a list and it already has several entries - these will be found on the KMZ file as well).

Again, I ask for your patience and thank you for your contributions!

967704176_ScreenShot2019-06-03at12_46_57.thumb.png.a82efc8c402e4849089b3ed42887210a.png

Cheers,

Byron

8 hours ago, Byron Farrow said:

The KMZ files for the TEGB region is something I'm working on, and I apologise that they are not quite ready for release at the moment but they needed significant clean-up when transferring data from the spreadsheets we use internally to check data. 

[...]

Again, I ask for your patience and thank you for your contributions!

Fair enough Byron.

2 things:

- Can the icons in the .kml files be changed to the usual Orbx style of displaying different icon types e.g. train icon for a railway station, instead of all denoted by drawing pins as seen in the image, please?

It makes it easier to differentiate the POIs.

- TE NL only has a .kml for lighthouses, do you know if we will get a file that covers all the other POIs?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Fair enough Byron.

2 things:

- Can the icons in the .kml files be changed to the usual Orbx style of displaying different icon types e.g. train icon for a railway station, instead of all denoted by drawing pins as seen in the image, please?

It makes it easier to differentiate the POIs.

- TE NL only has a .kml for lighthouses, do you know if we will get a file that covers all the other POIs?

Thanks.

Hi F737NG,

To be honest I'm not sure I'll be able to do that on the KMLs, it'll be a significant expansion on the workload, given the number of POIs! At the moment I'm using different colours to distinguish currently included, potentially included and recommended for the next SP, but that could change.

As for the NL I think I'll get on that when the XPlane version moves closer to release.

Sorry if not the answers you were hoping for, but I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Byron

Archived