my best jacket

Hi all. Last summer I bought a coat jacket from a company that specializes in work clothing. It's called a "Presentation Jacket" and is supposedly suitable for wearing as a supervisor at a work site or as a presenter if one is called back to the office to talk to the toffs. It's thick, lined canvas but cut like a sports coat. And I've fallen in love with the darned thing. I've comfortably worn it in warm summer weather and am now wearing it with a scarf in freezing winter weather. It fits over my belly and to the end of my arms, It is now, officially, my favorite piece of clothing ever. I plan on leaving it an inheritance in my will (just kidding, I think). 

Do you have a life-favorite item of clothing? An athletic team jacket from your favorite football club? A Tee Shirt in which you have worked many a home-improvement project? A pair of sox that always cushions just right? Shoes that have taken you over many a long hike? We old guys love our comfortable clothing--tell us about your favorite.

When I was playing high-school baseball back in 1956 I bought a Wilson warm-up jacket. I still have it and still wear it. That old jacket is like a part of me. We've seen and done so many things together in the last 60+ years that I can never let it go. One of the sleeve cuffs is a little frayed and the collar needs re-sewing but that just adds to the character. But the most amazing thing of all is that it still fits.....:).   

Had a G2 jacket myself but it didn't grow with me so I passed it along.  My winter mode in the PNW is my Irish cardigan with an insulated Dickie canvas hoodie.  Wish I could find a pair of shoepacks like L.L.Bean used to have.

Archived