FSX reinstall

No go....program installed correctly per the windows 10 system...but resulting reinstall failed with same error code 1722.

I think it is something in the latest updates to win10 that is causing this, because I have reinstalled fsx in earlier win10s with no problem.

I can't back track either to earlier updates because this is a new install.

I think I'll sue Microsoft..………….

26 minutes ago, lawrence aldrich said:

I'm just one of the "little people"           They'll probably have me arrested for insolence and annoying behavior.

Windows 10 rules...……...                  

Or, with the next Windows 10 update the may include a patch "just for you". Big MS is watching.....................

6 hours ago, Smudger said:

Thanks.....still no joy.

Right now I've tried every blasted thing imaginable, including everything listed online and ….nothing.

It seems as if (at least in Win10 latest) you have a copy of FSX that has at some point been previously installed and activated......you are out of luck.

I even went to their phone activation number, which is, of course, a computer, and it refers you the fsx activation screen, which you can't get to since it never loaded.

The computer says no screen no help.....please call later.

Kind of like an old scifi spoof.

George Orwell (1984 author) must be laughing in his grave...……………………..:google:

24 minutes ago, lawrence aldrich said:

a copy of FSX that has at some point been previously installed and activated

If you think that it is caused by a previous FSX entry in your registry, why not try the link for the Registry Utility in Nick's article.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I was having the same problem while reinstalling the Microsoft FSX on my Windows 10 computer. This is not the problem with software but the main issue ins with the Windows installer package. So, if there is an any issue with the Windows installer package, then you will receive this error while installing any software.

So, to fix this error, you should follow this article as it will help you to understand what is the actual matter and how can you resolve it:  Fix Flight Simulator X Error 1722

I read this article and it includes multiple solutions. So, you can try all these fixes.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, AlexRobert said:

Yes, I was having the same problem while reinstalling the Microsoft FSX on my Windows 10 computer. This is not the problem with software but the main issue ins with the Windows installer package. So, if there is an any issue with the Windows installer package, then you will receive this error while installing any software.

So, to fix this error, you should follow this article as it will help you to understand what is the actual matter and how can you resolve it:  Fix Flight Simulator X Error 1722

I read this article and it includes multiple solutions. So, you can try all these fixes.

Are you aware that you have responded to a question from Feb. 2019? ^_^

Archived