TrueEarth GB North XP11 ( Big Round )

Looking great. Just watch those trees on the northern shoreline of the Moray Firth, north of Inverness airport (image 14). It would be a shame to go to all of this trouble to take flight sim to a new level, and miss the mark with artifacts like those. I know previous generations of ORBX scenery had the ability to remove these with a change to a setting regarding frozen water in winter. So, something to keep an eye on.

- Kenneth

10 minutes ago, vipgroup said:

Looking great. Just watch those trees on the northern shoreline of the Moray Firth, north of Inverness airport (image 14). It would be a shame to go to all of this trouble to take flight sim to a new level, and miss the mark with artifacts like those. I know previous generations of ORBX scenery had the ability to remove these with a change to a setting regarding frozen water in winter. So, something to keep an eye on.

- Kenneth

Thank Kenneth.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.The only thing I can answer you that it's a beta version.Have you ever tried TrueEarth?

Filou

5 hours ago, FILOU said:

Thank Kenneth.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.The only thing I can answer you that it's a beta version.Have you ever tried TrueEarth?

Filou

Thank you for responding, in truth my suggestion was not strictly directed at you, but at what you were showing. I am well aware that these are beta shots, and that is the reason I pointed out what could be something that requires tweaking before final release. It is so easy to miss something small in a project so vast as True Earth, however, even something small in magnitude can detract from something great in scope, so my comment was intended to be proactive, positive, and contributory. There were trees that appeared to be sitting in the water, and it was worth pointing out for developer scrutiny.

Sadly, I have not tried True Earth as my current computer simply will not handle even XP11. However, I am heavily invested in ORBX products as a loyal customer, and am watching the developments with great interest, because what they are doing may well become the deciding factor on whether I build (or buy) my next computer to use with P3d, or Xplane.

Thanks for your preview shots, they are appreciated.

Kenneth

9 hours ago, vipgroup said:

Thank you for responding, in truth my suggestion was not strictly directed at you, but at what you were showing. I am well aware that these are beta shots, and that is the reason I pointed out what could be something that requires tweaking before final release. It is so easy to miss something small in a project so vast as True Earth, however, even something small in magnitude can detract from something great in scope, so my comment was intended to be proactive, positive, and contributory. There were trees that appeared to be sitting in the water, and it was worth pointing out for developer scrutiny.

Sadly, I have not tried True Earth as my current computer simply will not handle even XP11. However, I am heavily invested in ORBX products as a loyal customer, and am watching the developments with great interest, because what they are doing may well become the deciding factor on whether I build (or buy) my next computer to use with P3d, or Xplane.

Thanks for your preview shots, they are appreciated.

Kenneth

Hello Kenneth

Nothing will ever replace the real world.You have to look at TrueEarth in general and never forget that in this case we are in a Simulator .The ORBX developer team always takes into consideration the things and as far as possible repair them.

If you are on fsx or P3D .X-Plane + TrueEarth will give you a fresh boost in your habits .There is no better visually!

And if you decide one day to take the plunge we are also here to help you.

In my case I'm not just watching the developments with great interest .I participate and I contribute ( Even though I know everyone does what he can and how he wants )

We all dreamed for years endless of flying over real landscape ...Today it happened and i am not at all nostalgic of the past.I am a modern man.I never had so much fun with a simulator and my flying hours have increased considerably.True Earth is a bit like the cigarette ... the easiest thing is not to start.

Fly happy that's the most important no matter the way.

Filou

14 hours ago, FILOU said:

Hello Kenneth

Nothing will ever replace the real world.You have to look at TrueEarth in general and never forget that in this case we are in a Simulator .The ORBX developer team always takes into consideration the things and as far as possible repair them.

If you are on fsx or P3D .X-Plane + TrueEarth will give you a fresh boost in your habits .There is no better visually!

And if you decide one day to take the plunge we are also here to help you.

In my case I'm not just watching the developments with great interest .I participate and I contribute ( Even though I know everyone does what he can and how he wants )

We all dreamed for years endless of flying over real landscape ...Today it happened and i am not at all nostalgic of the past.I am a modern man.I never had so much fun with a simulator and my flying hours have increased considerably.True Earth is a bit like the cigarette ... the easiest thing is not to start.

Fly happy that's the most important no matter the way.

Filou

Yes, it is a dream come true. What ORBX and X-Plane are doing now is mind blowing. I've been a flight simmer for more than 30 years, and I once started and owned one of the very first addon companies for Microsoft Flight Simulator, more than 25 years ago. (Anyone here remember Visually Incredible Panels, and then The VIP Group?)... What will come in another 25 years? - Regards, Kenneth James Kerr.  

Archived