Just cruising around Kauai

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

These look really good, Jack. Your sim is still no screenshot simulator, and I like that.

Man, I remember doing aerobatics back in FS2004 and FS98, and flying over to Niihau and landing there. The cloud in your last shot looks like fog around the cliffs!

Thanks Lars, I don't understand when you say screenshot simulator though.

I remember doing all that back then too and thought it was state of the art, we've come a long way.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars, I don't understand when you say screenshot simulator though.

Back then in the good old days we would say that when someone was presumably sacrificing framerate, thus flying, for the looks, thus taking screenshots.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I remember doing all that back then too and thought it was state of the art, we've come a long way.

We did. Here's me doing aerobatics off Kauai and landed on Niihau!

LK0tKVy.jpg

GpExNcs.jpg

Plwm3zT.jpg

sa6l6R3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These are awesome Lars!  Brings back good memories.  And I thought this was the best we'd ever see, I now think we have no idea how much better it will get.

I almost fear the day you can no longer tell apart a screenshot and a photo. On a regular basis. It would mean that I would have to invest a lot of money into new hardware and new addons.

Just now, Captain Lars said:

I almost fear the day you can no longer tell apart a screenshot and a photo. On a regular basis. It would mean that I would have to invest a lot of money into new hardware and new addons.

With the increase in computing power and the cost decreasing it'll be easy to afford.

Archived