Opted to download airport - now have 15 zips.

I've just finished installing all my P3D software on a new computer. When it came to NSTU I chose the option to download and install as I couldn't find a saved zip for this airport. I now know why!

The product has now been installed and I've found where you place it. But my problem is I would like to save the download. I assumed it would be a single zip (like everyone else does) but after pointing the installer to my downloads folder I now have multiple zip files with meaningless names.

How can I determine which relate to NSTU and should I need to install this airport again how do I do it? I don't want to leave these zips where they are now.

I have to say having purchased flight sim software for over 20 years this system is unique and not particularly user-friendly. I like to keep backups of my purchases but this system makes it difficult.

Hello Ray,

this is how to use back up files.

If a back up file(s) does (do) not have a name that is easily recognisable, then it makes sense

to store it (them) in a folder that does indeed have such a name.

The whole system is designed to obviate the need for a back up and for ease of installation.

It does still cater for back up files.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I certainly didn't get one zip file. I may have chosen the third option - download now then create a backup.

But I ended up with multiple zips with meaningless names. How could that happen? I only have FTX Global and Pago-Pago.

I'll uninstall and try another option.

Hello,

this is in the linked topic.

If you use the manual download function on your Orbx Direct account product page,

you will receive one .zip file.

and this

If you choose the FTX Central Download and install now, then create a backup for later option, you receive many .zip files.

You must save these together in one folder.

To install this, you must select I already have a backup, you are prompted to select the folder where they are

and not any of the files themselves.

If you feel that you must have a back up, I would suggest either that you save the manual download file in a folder named after the product.

Probably a better alternative would be this.

Ray  -  You can salvage what you have by adding all the individual files to one large .zip. Then rename that single zip so it's meaningful. For example...assume the downloaded zip files are for airport GXYZ .    Name the single zip anything you want (like GXYZ.zip) and the add this the beginning of the file name "_ful.".....so now you have a file named _ful.GXYZ.zip. Just tell FTXCv3 to install your manually downloaded .zip and point it to this file..........Doug

Doug,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not getting email notifications despite opting for them. It seems an extraordinary number of zips for what is essentially a very small airport. Orbx seem to have a unique way of installing their products. I only have Pago-Pago and FTX Global so my knowledge of how they work is limited.

I'll do as you suggest, thanks.

41 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

What else is being installed??? :rollmyeyes:

All of American Samoa covered in 15/30/60cm photoreal with crisp 10m terrain mesh, hand annotated with our custom Samoan tropical vegetation, and lots and lots of unique Samoan style buildings, churches, hotels.

NSTU Pago Pago International Airport

Z08 Ofu Airport

FAQ Fitiuta Airport

All of Western Samoan created with landclass,  vector and 30cm terrain mesh

NSFA Faleolo International Airport

NSFI Fagali'i Airport

NSAU Asau Airport

NSMA Maota Airport

Over 3000 sq km total landsize, not bad for 1GB really :lol:

Archived