Cannot Install True Earth GB South - Help !

Downloading and extracting part is OK (27GB)-problem is installing step

It installs ca 29k files (the lot) but goes dead when  installing stage ie no further activity when says installing 

I left it 8 HOURS (tried a few times !)  installing but nothing happens

3 folders ARE created in custom scenery -- but nothing in scenery.ini folder.I assume creating the 3 folders is not the full load method???

Downloaded FTX Central latest version (numerous times,tried deleting and reinstalling) to see if it was this but - no effect

I have nearly 1tb disc space

Tried manual download - this produces lots of zip files but no idea what to do with them

there is no menu option in my ftx or my account to install the manual download file method

please help as i'm out of ideas

steve

Your pic shows the message " The product is installed and up to date" This message is just above the blue Control Panel and after a circle with a tick in it.

Also you have to run XP11 after an addon install for the addon to appear in the scenery ini.

To summarise then:

1. There is a message to tell you the ir#tem is installed

2. After running and then closing XP11 the addon appears in your scenery ini.

All actions are correct procedure.

I am sorry to hear about a few people having install or lack of complete installs. The vast majority of users have had no problems and are using the same version as you guys.

To determine the causes of your problems you need to give a much more forensic description of where the errors are.

For example tell us the total GB of your zipped download, where was your download sent to and what space you had on that drive. Did it unzip/extract fully? Did it then install? Did it do the Conversion (without any use of the convert cmd)? If it did convert how long did it take...should be quite a while depending on your system and will initially show a forecast of around at least a couple of hours if not longer. this time forecast then drops quite significantly fairly quickly during the conversion process. There are long periods of what appears to be lack of activity but the process is continuing. These details are

@stevebarker12  You posted a pic showing your TE-GB was installed, to which i made a reply stating that all looked OK. What has happened since that has required you to be reinstalling and having error messages? You need to explain. All the install details are in this release post:

no thanks -  ill try that

ive done so many re- installs its unbelievable

if that doesnt work then i think ill do what purt has done and uninstall completely and forget about it for a while

i appreciate IT issues are difficult but ive blown over a week on this and cant keep doing this

steve

Reinstall didn't work but thankyou for suggesting it

I will now remove the software completely and leave it until such time in the future

(if ever) that the software installation is resolved.

So disappointing as i used orbx when i ran fsx and it was great.

I don't have time to beta test the software and report everything requesed so I will not post any more.

My primary suggestion,as a user, would be for orbx to bin FTX3 for a better simpler installation method. The freezing install messages don't help.

Trouble is Nick for those of us having problems installing TEGBS and there are many the suggested solutions offered on both this forum and the FTXC forum do not work so it is hardly surprising there are complaints it would help, I think, if Orbx were to acknowledge formally there is a problem and tell us there they doing their best to resolve it, I am sure you are fed up with all the negative posts.

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Applying only logic, if the process was flawed, it would not work at all for every customer.

I have installed the product twice, once during testing and then I deleted that and installed the release version.

In both cases it took hours but I left the installer alone and it eventually completed the task.

I wrote this for another customer, I hope it will help:

There are conditions that must be in place on the host PC before this product will download and install correctly.

1. There must be enough disk space in both the drive where the installation process is to take place

and on the destination drive for the files.

This is from the release announcement:

** IMPORTANT!! ***

THIS PRODUCT INSTALLATION HAS A DECOMPRESSION STAGE - The TrueEarth Great Britain South download size is a compact 26.0GB to save on download time, but we are using a new installation system where we decompress the ortho textures using FTX Central. This expands the total installation to around 125GB of drive space. The texture conversion process of 11,876 files can take between 1 to 2+ hours, depending on your CPU speed and the number of cores it has. It is normal during this process for the cooling fans to speed up on your PC.

After the download stage is complete,  you will see the STATUS change to  "Converting" and a countdown of the number of texture files remaining:

DO NOT ABORT OR INTERRUPT THE INSTALLATION DURING ANY STAGE! Wait for the tick to appear and the text "Product Installed".

2. If it is not already installed on your PC, download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It is free of charge.

3. Ensure that there is a reliable internet connection in place.

If not, the product page in your ORBX Direct account has a "Manual Download" link.

Use a download manager, not one included in a browser and then this method to install.

4. Make sure that you have updated FTX Central to version 3.3.1.4, earlier versions will not

install this product. If necessary, use the option on the settings page to set the location for

the installation process.

This is where the files are prepared for installation, not the folder to which they will be subsequently installed.

5. As above, give the installation and file conversion time to complete. It will be up to 2 hours

after the downloading stage has finished. Even if you think that nothing is happening, do not stop the process.

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply - sorted! I repeated the install again from scratch, then used the texture conversion tool I found on another post you'd made. Goodness why FTXC didn't process this, as I'm sure I've got the latest version. Nevertheless, I've had a quick 10 minute 'flight' around my favourite part of Dorset between jobs, and I'm very, very impressed so far!

Nick

Thankyou for your unhelpful one word answer.

As a loyal Orbx customer who has purchased 30 products from you I am disappointed to say the least.

I thought I was asking a perfectly reasonable question, to be answered in such a contemptuous fashion to me is a disgrace.

Orbx has just lost a customer for good.

Well perhaps I am being naive, I was rather hoping that you would expand on the answer to my question, at the end of the day I am looking for a solution to my problem, my download seems complete according to FTXC but goes into paused mode so does that mean the installation has failed I was asking if I leave the installation in paused mode, if the answer is no as you indicate what do I do.

Archived