X-Plane Terrain Failure after installing TrueEarth GB South

pipeorgan

Same error message for me, have been trying for 3 days, using FTX Central I get 'Error, could not locate image file for terrain etc etc...'

Tried Manual download, process gets stuck on 'Installing' or 'Scanning'.

Plenty of HD space and apparently achieve the full 126GB download.

Today I uninstalled all the downloaded files, looking to update whatever I can and will try once more then give up.

I don't have the required pc knowledge to do much troubleshooting.

Feel like asking for a refund.

I believe that I am seeing the same errors that others have mentioned.  It would be great to have step-by-step directions for how to resolve this.  

• I got one error when FTX Central got to 100% of the install process, and the X-Plane error when trying to load UK scenery (attached as images)
  • There was an earlier mention of .jpg files in the textures folder.   I have 12098 files in that folder, a mixture of .png and .jpg files.

We really need complete, step-by step directions on how to fix this, in plain English!

- Robin

OrbX Fail FTX.png

OrbX Fail XP.png

4 hours ago, Joe McGough said:

Have you tried downloading the files ive mentioned earlier? 

Joe:

No - but thanks for the guidance.

I really want OrbX to step up and define a complete, step-by-step, supported solution to this problem.  There seems to be something broken in their install rprocess.

- Robin

5 minutes ago, RobinPeel said:

Joe:

No - but thanks for the guidance.

I really want OrbX to step up and define a complete, step-by-step, supported solution to this problem.  There seems to be something broken in their install rprocess.

- Robin

I agree there install product FTX latest version needs updating

Archived