X-Plane Terrain Failure after installing TrueEarth GB South

pipeorgan

13 hours ago, robbiet71 said:

I have 10268 textures and 14768 terrain files

The total installed download was 'only' 106GB. (3 folders combined) I thought it was odd because I had more space left than I'd expected.

You were lucky...mine totalled 24Gb...

Will a scan repair as well as review?

19 minutes ago, Ben Rigney said:

?

Oh...I just posted that you see this with a user using the freeware Ortho4XP conversion engine.  Sometimes, you need to do a re-download of the JPG raw Sat Photos...and Ortho4XP will pick them up...  I think that the new Central is doing the same thing....converting raw JPG Sat Photos to formats usable by XP.  I always had assumed that Orbx was putting together a fully vetted and already converted XP file format from their Sat photo source...but is apparently off-loading that to each user's computer and data usage stream.

I would appreciate if orbx could give an update as to what is going on here and what exactly users should do. I have provided two sets of failure messages and will do more tests if necessary otherwise I am just going to  wait until it is sorted out.

1 minute ago, pipeorgan said:

I would appreciate if orbx could give an update as to what is going on here and what exactly users should do. I have provided two sets of failure messages and will do more tests if necessary otherwise I am just going to  wait until it is sorted out.

ok fixed mine restart the pc then "Verify files" if it fails to work after this DO IT AGAIN you will find that the number of files being downloaded and converted will smaller each time this is a good way of knowing if its going to work

OK impatient so tried the following:-

Deleted FTX Central and downloaded and reinstalled FTX Central

Manually downloaded TE GB South 

added Convert.cmd file to E:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures

started instal TE GB South via FTX Central

Extracts 100%

Installs 100% but immediately fails on converting with the message texconv.exe system error, which I have had a number of times before.

Should I give up and wait?

Capture.thumb.PNG.2ba653c37851dde7cc87b9e2b29c73ec.PNG see attached file

Hi, 

I am brand new to this forum. I have just purchased and installed GB scenery South for X-Plane 11. When I try to load up X-Plane 11 using an airport in the South of the UK I get the following Error Message -

Error, Could not locate image file for terrain

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a830x10020x17.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C-GB-South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/

../textures/a830x10020x17.dds

Can anyone help please?

I have tried uninstall / reinstall - you would think in this day and age you could just buy it, install it and play it - driving me insane!

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

There must be enough space on both the C drive and the destinaton drive for the installation to be successful.

The textures folder should contain 12098 files and no .jpg files.

If you are confident that you have all the files and enough free space, you might try this

TRUE EARTH GB SOUTH ..... Hi everyone I have found the FIX for anyone having the error displayed in the pictures in previous posts. It seems that our PC's are missing vital files that help with the conversion process once it has been downloaded. You are missing Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. Click the link below and install from the download button. Once you have this True earth GB South will convert correctly and you can eventually go flying, 1f642.png:)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx…

Archived