CityScene Barcelona - Missing Autogen

Teetonka

Hi there,

Just purchased CityScene Barcelona and got it installed and running. Looks absolutely stunning! Unfortunately I'm noticing a significant area west of LEBL has missing autogen. I have Aerosoft's Barcelona but it is uninstalled in the screenshot as I've been testing for conflicts. Any ideas would be great!

Running P3D V.4. ORBX libraries are up to date.

Thanks!

Autogen.jpg

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for the Verify Files option in FTXCentral but can't seem to find it. Under the CityScene Barcelona product box my options are Control Panel, User Guide, and Uninstall.

I did tried reinstalling the product, both by downloading through FTXCentral and by downloading the .zip file via the Orbx website. Both installs have the same result, so perhaps not a file integrity issue? Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

I have opted-in for fastlane and will attempt to verify the files. Although, that you are observing the same area which is void of most autogen further suggests it's likely not a file integrity issue. Hoping the team has a solution to the issue!

Appreciate the help.

Paul

I looked at Google Earth in the same location and generally the entire area west of El Prat appears to be much more sparse in terms of vegetation than depicted in the scenery. I wouldn't disagree that the autogen shown in the red area in the attached image is similar to the level of vegetation in reality, at least judging from Google Earth. The "issue" more that I have identified is that there seems to be a very clear division in autogen density (vegetation). It is not random, which suggests to me autogen within the area drawn is being excluded. There are clear lines that appear to divide vegetation autogen being rendered, and no vegetation autogen being rendered. Perhaps I am just too picky, but it stands out and looks quite odd to me.

Thanks again,

Paul

Autogen.thumb.jpg.405a5994e4666cd8c6423188d060b57f.jpg.db373afd3e180019e713763bc332280b.jpg

I hope the images below depict the issues more clearly. You can see the trees stop being rendered along straight lines. It's hard to think that this was intentional in the scenery design. You can definitively see that the trees are not being rendered within the tile or photo tile. Again, maybe I'm too picky but it's very hard for me to ignore when this is obviously not how the scenery is intended to be displayed and it really reduces the immersion when the vegetation is abruptly missing. Hoping there is some kind of fix or perhaps a quick patch to restore the vegetation in this area.

Appreciate the help.

Paul

2018-9-21_11-35-54-257.jpg

2018-9-21_11-36-25-360.jpg

2018-9-21_11-36-39-502.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Please refer to Nick's #6 post above....there is no issue....also, as you get closer to the airport it would make sense that there is more industrial area and less tall vegetation. There is no missing autogen, and there is nothing wrong with your installation. There are in reality straight lines defining landclass in developed areas such as this.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the reply Doug. I would agree that there is nothing wrong with the install per se given other users are reporting this occurrence. If the official position is that there is nothing wrong, I will have to accept that. Unfortunately we will have to differ in opinion, leaving me disappointed. The vegetation to my eye clearly is missing or being excluded along defined lines that create a perfect square shape. If my screenshots above do not look odd to you, then there is really no point trying to convince you further.

I just find it very hard to believe this was intentional, or an attempt at mimicking reality. If it is, it's just sloppy. The vegetation does not just abruptly cease to exist along defined lines in reality. There is in fact a fair amount of vegetation in real life within the large square area where none is appearing in the sim. It's hard to make out in the screenshot below, but the area where vegetation is missing does make a perfect square. Can you honestly tell me this was done intentionally? If so I'd be curious to understand the basis for it.

If this is all the support ORBX can offer, you may close this thread and mark it as no longer active. I expected more from ORBX to be honest. Apologies on the negativity, just frustrated that we can't even agree that something is clearly off.

Regards,

Paul

Sqaure.thumb.jpg.55463861978fdbcf02d6b87a61f1c2c6.jpg

I will look into this.  But, I am going to have to get to my office and install the entire Barcelona project on my computer from backup.   The project files are huge, which is why I remove them from disk after the first patch is released and I don't expect any more soon after.   So, it may take a day or so.

My first thought is this has to do with the Barcelona Airport scenery that we added.  We had to make it so that the airport boundaries were compatible with other products as much as possible.  So, the project boundaries for the airport could not be made perfectly along QMID 15 boundaries, which is normally the preferred method.   In FSX/P3D, If you have QMID 15 cells that are bisected by different satellite images, the autogen from one of those images will be excluded by the simulator (limitation).   I am not sure if this is the case.  But, that is a typical reason for small patches of missing autogen.

The easy way to test this is to temporarily disable the airport scenery we created for Barcelona in FTX Central.  If the autogen comes back, that is the reason.   Again, I will try and look into this.  But, I will need to install all the work files and look at the exact boundaries of the sub projects.

Archived