Question about P3D 4.4

Jack Sawyer

I just saw the announcement on FSElite about the new P3D 4.4 coming out in the 4th quarter.

But I saw something I know absolutely nothing about, they mentioned something called Physically Based Rendering (PBR) textures.  

Will this affect the way Orbx makes their textures?  Will Orbx have to re-do all their airports and sceneries?

Just curious and please be nice as I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, I saw "textures" and immediately thought about Orbx and their textures.

Thanks a lot.

Jack

Hey guys,

Before this topic feeds on itself, not to worry. All your Orbx scenery will continue to work as it does now.  The LM team has continually been making new resources available to developers to use or not as they wish and this should be no different.  

Just now, Larry_R said:

Hey guys,

Before this topic feeds on itself, not to worry. All your Orbx scenery will continue to work as it does now.  The LM team has continually been making new resources available to developers to use or not as they wish and this should be no different.  

Thanks Larry!  I have never heard of this before and was just curious if it would "break" any Orbx sceneries.   

I'm on 4.3 now and I'm still waiting for REX to get the WX Radar working. Once they get that working I think I'll stick with 4.3 for a while. Everything else is working great. With my new rig even better than I thought. It's very frustrating to up grade and then wait for things to work after they say it will work and then it doesn't.  John

Archived