Avsim Orbx support forum unavailable?

Hello Doug.

Most of the Avsim "unofficial" payware support forums were opened in response to demand

which I believe has waned over time as payware developers' own forums have generally improved.

You can see that they have drastically trimmed the number with the intention of no longer

duplicating payware developers' own support forums, leaving only support forums for those products

whose developers do not have a forum.

One of the stated reasons is also that forum members do not always post their topics in the

right place, something that is in common with most of the forums I have visited.

I would think that, again as stated there, moderators probably wasted hours moving topics.

In the case of the unofficial Orbx forum, the most common reply to support requests had become

"why not go and ask at the Orbx forums?"

As I am sure you are well aware, there are those who either can no longer or do not wish to visit here or who

prefer to canvass that forum for opinions as well as or instead of this one.

As reecemj has pointed out, they can still of course post questions and comments wherever they wish to.

If my failing memory serves me right, the Unofficial Orbx Forum at Avsim was originally set up years ago at a time when the Orbx forum server was down for a longer period, so that people could go there for support. JayKae got the Orbx forum server back up and running shortly after, but the unofficial forum at Avsim stayed open until now.

Jack

Archived