Missing Default Scenery in P3DV4.1 After Orbx Install

I am running P3DV4.1 and have installed all of the basic Orbx addons. After installing the Orbx files, I noticed that almost all of the default scenery files have completely disappeared. For example, I installed the Tasmania free Orbx addon and when I run the program there is absolutely nothing but a runway shown. No houses, roads, anything. This has happened to most areas and I don't know what's wrong. I thought Orbx addons were to enhance scenery, not to make it disappear completely. Can anyone figure out what is going on? How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any replies.

As far as I know according to FTX central, all the libraries are installed and are up to date. How can I check to see if this is correct? Also I see in the sceneries priority list that the default scenery has a check mark but is greyed out. What does that mean? Also it lies at the very bottom of the list. Does this affect anything? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to all of this and I am perplexed. Thanks very much for your help.

Hello BokChoy, welcome to the forums.

You can check the Orbx Libs by deleting FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS in P3D - Orbx - User Documents - Versions folder.

FTXCentral will show Libraries as not installed, click to install and any missing or corrupt files will be replaced.

If the bottom of your scenery library looks like this, it is correct.

Default scenery position.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There is still something wrong with my system. After installing the South America files for example, when I go to Rio de Janeiro to look at the cable car system on mount Urca, there is nothing there except Urca. If I look at P3DV4.x without any Orbx products, the cable car system is there and you can see the cables. It looks like Orbx has destroyed all of my normal scenery and it is horrible. Where there used to be buildings there is nothing. All normal scenery is destroyed. I guess I will have to give up on any Orbx products and erase them from my system. Too bad. Looked like it had promise. But nothing is working right since the Orbx installations. Hundreds of dollars up in smoke. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

(This is what I had installed: FTX global base, openLC Europe, North America, South America, FTX Global Vector, openLC Mesh South America, FTX Global Iceland Demo, Orbx Libraries, Lights Configurator, EU Ireland, EU Wales, FTX Global NA and EU airport packs, AU Tasmania Demo, FTX NA Pacific Northwest Demo, Bob.)

Hi,

Please start by first applying the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

At least try reinstalling the Orbx libraries.

1. If FTX Central v3 does not automatically update the libraries, you can go to

ORBX\User Documents\Versions\ and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT .

Run FTX Central again and only the files that you need will be downloaded and installed.

I followed all the instructions as written above. The FTX libraries are the latest on 7/25/18. I rearranged the insertion points and did the autoconfig with the vector.  Also I think I may have the order wrong when I rearranged. I have included a picture of what I thought were third party parts but I don't know if they are. I put the FTX parts below the last "Africa". Please see. Anyway, Sugar Loaf Cable car system is now worse. The cable system runs into the ground about 60 feet from the top of Urca. I have not had time to test more trying to figure out what is going on. Somehow the Orbx system is messing up the default P3D scenery for a lot of areas. The cable system should be visible and on top of Urca instead of below and cables cut off. Any more suggestions would be appreciated. This is really frustrating.

SceneryLibrary.png

Hi

Sorry, but that is not correct, all those entries shown in your above image are default P3D scenery and not 3rd party addons. Please attach a copy of your "scenery.cfg" file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery so we can fix it for you.

Then all you need to do is uninstall the Freeware South America Mesh and your Sugar Loaf Cable Car System will display properly.

Sugar Loaf.PNG

SA Mesh.PNG

Archived