Darrington is a ghost town.

FreeBird

Any news on a fix for this airport in P3d, its been broken now for awhile and I see its developer has a new airport coming out soon so he is still around. The fix that is provided of reloading the scenery upon arrival doesn't work for me anymore. The funny thing is that sometimes its there and other times it not. I just wondering if anyone has looked closer at this issue.  Josh

Yes Josh, I am still around :)! I am sorry to hear that you have problems to enjoy 1S2. So if you start at Darrington it's there but if you fly in from some where else it's not there? So it must be a kind of loading error? What could cause it? I don't know. This phenomenon never happened at my end so far. So I can't reproduce it. So I only can guess what makes it difficult to help. It can't be the size of the scenery as it is only 772 MB on your hard drive and to load. I used smaller textures those days than I use today so it can't be that. 

Thanks Andreas for the response. Its funny ever since I posted this Darrington is always there and I tried different ways of approaching it in my testing. This is a P3D issue only  phenomenon and why it works and other times it doesn't is anyone's guess.  Ill just leave it at that and move on.   Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have reinstalled Darrington again today. Flight from KBVS to 1S2

Same issue as usual........

This DOESN'T happen if you start a flight from 1S2.

Please look into this. As it stands, I may as well not have 1S2 installed. This in P3D v4.3 but has happened in every version since V2 to my knowledge.

2018-7-30_16-2-51-668.jpg

2018-7-30_16-4-23-661.jpg

2 minutes ago, GlennH said:

Do I need to create a separate thread as this one is marked “answered”?

It's been marked as 'answered' because Andreas was happy with Freebird's response. So he's not likely to look in here again. My guess is yes, open a new thread, but good luck with it. ;)

I do wonder if Freebird is still happy, has he been back since? I can't believe that out of the blue, the problem has gone away. :unsure:

I really meant to say at this point I don't care. I asked the Question got a answer, what more is there. They don't know how to fix it and we have gone down this road before so why repeat what they said last year. I only brought it up this time because I saw Andres was active on the forums.

Like Andreas, I've never had the problem either. My favorite short low-and-slow flight is 3W5-1S2. I can't even count the number of times I've flown into 1S2 and the scenery has always been there. Funny things these computers..........Doug

21 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Like Andreas, I've never had the problem either. My favorite short low-and-slow flight is 3W5-1S2. I can't even count the number of times I've flown into 1S2 and the scenery has always been there. Funny things these computers..........Doug

P3D or FSX?

Just to let everybody know that I did a flight from 3W5 to 1S2 and on arrival it was a ghost town. This is a P3D issue only and has been replicated by ORBX staff. Its a known issue that there is at this time no fix. That was the reason to bring it to Andres attention to see if he could look into it some more.

31 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Freebird - which version of P3D are you on? There are some threads over at Avsim that v4.3 is considerably worse at releasing scenery as you fly so arrivals at *any* destination are often plagued with blurries etc.

Adam.

Hi Adam I'm on 4.2 this has been a issue since 4.0.  You are right that it seems to be  P3D not releasing the scenery. I have only seen this behavior at 1S2 and sometimes at 3W5 and no where else. These are really old airports and were ported over to P3D so there is something amiss. A scenery Refresh fixes it but that is pain and ruins the immersion. The best solution is to retire them and only use them on occasion. Back in the early days these were my milk runs, but not so much anymore. I usually fly to destinations in California or Hawaii now. Josh

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

Freebird - which version of P3D are you on? There are some threads over at Avsim that v4.3 is considerably worse at releasing scenery as you fly so arrivals at *any* destination are often plagued with blurries etc.

Adam.

This has been happening since P3D v2 with 1S2

Archived