[4.3] Not sure if scenery or FTX Global bugs

While flying from RJAA to VHHX I've encountered some scenery anomalies that I'm not sure by whom are caused. I will post this thread on the ORBX forums as well.

First encounter: While cruising west/ southwest of mount Fuji I've noticed some black spots on mountains as visible in the following screenshot:

MKn7Mlu.png

And while approaching Hong Kong, starting at around the MAGOG waypoint all the way towards land, is a big white land line:
emoeFAz.png

Scenery bugs or botched ORBX install? I've followed Elaine's re-installation tutorial for updated P3D via cab installers. Client, Content and Scenery.

I only use FTX Global and Timezone Fixer for global scenery.

Hell,

without coordinates, your screen shots are of very little value.

Please try again so that we can at least check and see if the same is apparent in default

P3D. FTX Global Base is a set of texture replacements and cannot be the cause of the line.

Which textures are displayed is determined by landclass files.

What other products, if any, do you have installed?

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hell,

without coordinates, your screen shots are of very little value.

Please try again so that we can at least check and see if the same is apparent in default

P3D. FTX Global Base is a set of texture replacements and cannot be the cause of the line.

Which textures are displayed is determined by landclass files.

What other products, if any, do you have installed?

For the line, its easy enough. Just go east of Hong Kong zoomed out in top down view, it should be easy enough to match.

The night textures seem to show on mountain ranges west and northwest of Mt. Fuji.

One of the night spots is at LAT:N35° 36.10' LON:E138° 10.33'

Once you zoom out you will see another to the south, plenty more to the north if you have the same issue.

Other products that have global effects are Timezonefixer and FS Aerodata.
Scenery around the problem area is WCI RJAA, Technobrain RJTT, Samscene Tokyo, Technobrain RJOO, PIS Nagoya RJGG and BDO RJBB.

Scenery around line is Flytampa kai tak and T2G VHHH

One of the night spots is at LAT:N35° 36.10' LON:E138° 10.33'

Hello,

this is P3D v4.3 with FTX Global Base active and no other add-ons at all.

I see no night textures

Untitled.jpg

No doubt you can link this post to your running topic at the P3D forum as well.

I would suggest that you might reinstall Global Base.

You can do it like this:

To do this, go to ORBX\User Documents\Versions and delete FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt.

When you run FTX Central, FTX Global Base will show as Not installed. Click on its icon and

follow the prompts.

Just did that, no dice.

The problem is still there and it exhibits weird behavior on some tiles:

Day texture sometimes loads, then it turns blue like in upper screenshot, then goes back to night.

You might try the Force Migration and even perhaps this topic.

If the problem persists, then the next step might be to untick all your other add-ons in your

scenery library and P3D add-ons menu, restart P3D and see if the problem is still there.

I've reinstalled the scenery content, wiped scenery indexes, terrain.cfg and texture.cfg and the issue was gone.

I then reinstalled Orbx libraries and FTX Global, ran the migration tool and the troubleshooter, without issues.

Then I checked the area in summer: 2018-7-9_9-19-20-854.thumb.png.75c41ed5b367d2cdd8b143b1acd8b34b.png

Problem is back, so now I know it's something with FTX causing this.

Before:

2018-7-9_8-48-46-146.thumb.png.c4d29ab032d289d97a576bace36cc4f7.png

Interesting.

Once again, here is what I see with only FTX Global Base and no other add ons.

Note that it is the same as the shot posted by the person who has chosen to help

you at the P3D forum, who also is not seeing the black areas.

Untitled.jpg

scMTFUJI_zpsuue2vi0b.jpg

I am wondering if you have something else that is causing the black textures to appear instead of 

the correct ones. A landclass product or element of one of your add ons would be the most likely.

Before you made your last screen shot did you exclude everything else from your scenery library?

I have attached a scenery.cfg file with only the FTX Global Base and Orbx libraries.

Try temporarily replacing yours with this one and see if the errors persist.

Here are the locations where you are seeing the errors but on my image.

Untitled.jpg

scenery.cfg

Hi guys,

good catch: I managed to replicate the issue on my PC and traced it to an incorrect file format of a single ground texture tile. The issue only shows during summer months (June through August) and on steeper mountain slopes.

Please move the attached file into your \Scenery\World\texture\ folder and click yes to overwrite the existing texture (the one to overwrite should have a larger file size, 4MB, which indicates the incorrect file format).

Let me know if the issue is resolved and I'll let the developer know to push a patch for everyone via FTX Central. The same incorrect file also exists in FSX.

Cheers, Holger

009b2suc.zip

Another thing I just want to check, this is not a problem but I want to make sure:
Yesterday when I started troubleshooting it seems new files were inserted in my Effects folderhm.jpg.488bf342d8fc3146de125a7c46c23926.jpg

I'm guessing those are related to Turbulent Design's new KGPI Glacier park addon. I am however not using that scenery (as a matter of fact I don't even have a single TRB product installed.)

Is this supposed to happen?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Having same issue Near Eglin Airport flying over KHRT....  Orbx Global and Vector installed...

Is the file above still relevant to fix this issue?

When I fly closely over the black tiles they are actually night textures with lights...

2019-8-28_22-5-41-781.thumb.jpg.1189fa404dca107ceb8f72f92938251a.jpg

Archived