PrePar3D Version 4.3

A seamless update for me.

Yesterday morning I decided to do the P3D v4.3 Client and Content update. My process: Opened FTX Central and waited. No update visible after about two minutes. Closed FTX Central.

Then I deleted the P3D Client and P3D Content in Windows. Downloaded and Installed the new Client and Content. Started P3d at my normal default gate. No people or object flow. Closed P3d and opened FTX Central. Waited 30 seconds and the blue update message appeared. Ran it. Closed FTX Central and opened P3D. Object flow back again.

Thank you.

(I think I have gained a few FPS in the update. Normally I get around 12 FPS at the starting gate with GSX now get 16 FPS. A good percentage increase. Flies well at my fixed 30 FPS) 

Agreed for client and content. Thx ORBX. Outstanding. 

Agreed also that I may be seeing a small performance improvement - my default is YMEN. 

I notice in the release notes the scenery component has a YBUD fix..

Will this impact ORBX YBUD? 

Has anyone updated the scenery component yet?

cheers

17 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

A seamless update for me.

Yesterday morning I decided to do the P3D v4.3 Client and Content update. My process: Opened FTX Central and waited. No update visible after about two minutes. Closed FTX Central.

Then I deleted the P3D Client and P3D Content in Windows. Downloaded and Installed the new Client and Content. Started P3d at my normal default gate. No people or object flow. Closed P3d and opened FTX Central. Waited 30 seconds and the blue update message appeared. Ran it. Closed FTX Central and opened P3D. Object flow back again.

Thank you.

(I think I have gained a few FPS in the update. Normally I get around 12 FPS at the starting gate with GSX now get 16 FPS. A good percentage increase. Flies well at my fixed 30 FPS) 

I've have a few payware and freeware aircraft in P3D4.2. If I update to the new 4.3 content will I lose these and need to reinstall, or will 4.3 content leave them alone?

Thanks for advice, Don

Archived