australia AI ATC add-on not working please help!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid a little more info is required, if you expect a useful response

1. First of all, which version of P3D are you using, and which version of Traffic?

Reason I ask is because Australia traffic has been around for a long time now, but if you've recently updated to P3Dv4 then you may need to uninstall the previous version and install the v4 version to get it to work. 

lz53csq.png

2. Secondly, what settings are in your config of Traffic?.. should be: -

XHrWxP6.png

lV6ESYM.png

As you can see, ALL settings persist for me 

3. Do you have any other traffic program installed?

4. What are your settings in FTX Central

version??

RmI3GWO.png

and ObjectFlow enabled?

PtmH80e.png

5. Finally, what level of traffic is defined in P3D

32jG0Bo.png

Also please add a valid ORBX order number to your profile to receive support 

Terry

Sorry to jump in on the thread but I would like to support the original poster. For AI, I only have P3D Version 4, Australia AI Traffic installed (ie. no AI aircraft for the rest of the world). Works well since I downloaded it. I've never had the previous version. I run at 60% / 40% traffic.

Just to see what Seth was talking about, I went into the FTX Settings and noticed the last check box was unchecked (I was sure I had ticked it originally) I ticked it and exited. Went back in and it was unchecked again. Tried again and shut down and reopened FTX Central (latest version - with Object flow). 

In my case, the last check box is not persisting. So I am not sure if I am getting the Enhanced ATC sound file or not?

7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Sorry to jump in on the thread but I would like to support the original poster. For AI, I only have P3D Version 4, Australia AI Traffic installed (ie. no AI aircraft for the rest of the world). Works well since I downloaded it. I've never had the previous version. I run at 60% / 40% traffic.

Just to see what Seth was talking about, I went into the FTX Settings and noticed the last check box was unchecked (I was sure I had ticked it originally) I ticked it and exited. Went back in and it was unchecked again. Tried again and shut down and reopened FTX Central (latest version - with Object flow). 

In my case, the last check box is not persisting. So I am not sure if I am getting the Enhanced ATC sound file or not?

2 hours ago, skydivemayday said:

I am the same as Aussie123.

The issue is the checkbox in question is not persisting after closing the settings window.

Understood guys....... unfortunately, as can be seen in my previous post..... the last item does persist for me as it should, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't for you, however you can check which version is being used by looking in the folder

/%P3DInstallFolder%/Sound/Atc/

If you see the following filenames, then the default sound file is being used: -

• USEnglishBig.gvp
  • USEnglishBigFTX.gvp.BAK

If you see the following filenames then the enhanced sound file is being used: -

• USEnglishBig.gvp.BAK
  • USEnglishBigFTX.gvp

Terry

55 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the files structure in P3D v4 has been changed.

I have amended the control panel to suit and it should now work for the ATC setting.

Please place the attached file into ORBX\Scripts and let it overwrite.

For P3D v4 ONLY

orbx_cpl_ftxauai.xml

That's the one...... it points to the files I mentioned :)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I've tried this (revisted after a while) and I still can't get the checkbox to persist.  I also checked my ATC Sounds in TerryM's post and I had:

• USEnglishBig.gvp.BAK
  • USEnglishBigFTX.gvp
  • USEnglishBig.gvp

I tried to rename the .gvp (not the FTX or BAK) to another name, then reinstall the new xml file to no avial.  Put it back to where it was when I finished.

Cheers

Archived