YBCG Problem

noels7

Hi

I have reformatted my computer over the last 2+ days and have installed all software and sim related software (in P3D Ver 4.2) including my Orbx software.

My Orbx folder in P3d is 268 gig in size and size of C Drive is 620 gig.

Everything with operation of P3D appeared ok.

I conducted the following tests:

(1) From Scenario click ok  with Realair Turbo and YPAD as default with no security software activated load time 61 secs.

(2  From Scenario click ok  with Realair Turbo and YPAD as default with my security software (AppCheck Pro, Malwarebytes, and Webroot SecureAnywhere -all updated to present time )   

active load time 65-84 secs.

I purchased YBCG yesterday and installed with FTX Central 3 (currently version 3.3.0.4 and Orbx Library current version). Installation went without any problems.

Then the problem commenced. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled  YPCG  3 times. Have deleted P3d config, scenery and Shaders so that they can be rebuilt  when P3d id restarted.

Load time with security software still active and YPCG active load time is 6mins 47 secs.    Yes 6mins 47 secs!   Still the approx same time without security software active.

From 70-80% when loading auto-generated scenery consumes the majority of the load time. Like a slow elephant to watch it slowly move through that 70-80%.

Advice/assistance would be appreciated to fix the problem from  tech moderators when time permits.

Noel Southam

noels7

I have FSX on a medium capacity computer. YBCG with the Gold Coast city scene takes a very long time to load also. This is to be expected as the city scene has lots of textures in it and you can experience OOMs if you linger too long over it. I also have vector and free mesh which also add to the long loading times.

If you're not running P3D on an SSD your load times will be long with these super detailed sceneries.

I haven't timed it but my load time for YBCG with Gold Coast active would be two minutes at a guess, still seems like a long time but it's the price we pay for having the detail available. 

I always liked the suggestion from someone years ago, that when you go to an airport to go for a real fly you're not going to be ready to fly in less than half an hour, so FS isn't too bad.  When i get frustrated, i just start the flight loading then wander into the kitchen and make a cup of tea, and presto! When I come back it's all ready to go...

John

I run P3D version 4.2 using a Samsung 850 EVO with the latest firmware installed. CPU Intel Core i7 7800X with 16gig 3200 RAM and Titan GPU.

If the problem cannot be resolved I will consider requesting a refund of the product. Seems strange with 268 gig of Orbx software installed,

that since I purchased my first Orbx software when Orbx started all those years ago I have never had an issue like this.

Question: why don't I experience this long load time with  Netherlands TrueEarth HD and those intensive sapping airports like YBBN or YMML?

Further just to clarify, I have uninstalled City Scene Gold Coast . Left YBCG installed and load time was reduced by 6 secs. The only constant for the excessive load time is YBCG.

noels7

4 hours ago, petfy said:

I have FSX on a medium capacity computer. YBCG with the Gold Coast city scene takes a very long time to load also. This is to be expected as the city scene has lots of textures in it and you can experience OOMs if you linger too long over it. I also have vector and free mesh which also add to the long loading times.

Bought the Gold Coast Airport and City Scape today, and noticed a

much slower loading time with FSX, but unlike you petfy I make coffee,

come back and fly.;)

cheers

Gumby

Hello,

Scenery installed on HDDs.

My results are

1. Starting from a PC reboot, airport and Gold Coast scenery active:  8 minutes 28 seconds.

2. Restarting P3D v4 with the same scenario:                                          5 minutes 23 seconds.

3. Restarting P3D v4, airport disabled, Gold Coast scenery active:       4 minutes 43 seconds 

4. Restarting P3D v4, airport enabled Gold Coast scenery disabled:     1 minute 49 seconds

4. Airport and Gold Coast disabled:                                                             1 minute 36 seconds.

This is what to expect, the airport adds far less than the "City Scene".

It might also vary depending upon your simulator settings.

I subscribe to the "go and have a cup of tea" approach, I cannot remember the last time I

was troubled by loading times.

Just did a test:

Samsung 500GB SSD dedicated to P3DV4, vanilla P3D settings as far as I know.  Still running Windows 7 Ultimate, mid range computer these days but still quite a fast CPU/motherboard combination.

From the flight selection screen to moving past 6% = 1 min 45 secs, total loading time = 3 mins 5 secs.

As sceneries continue to get more complex, expect loading times to increase.  There's nothing the devs can do about it, it's the physical ability of the components to process 1s and 0s through the circuits of the computer.

I then did another test with the p#d settings turned down, such as no traffic, LOD small, autogen and other sliders set to normal etc, this brought the loading time down to 2 mins 12 secs.

Hi

Thanks to everyone including our moderators who replied to my dilemma.

Thoroughly frustrated since I reformatted my computer and because of the trouble I was having  with YBCG

I went back to my backup SSD which included all of the above Orbx software including City Scene Gold Coast and all security software.

Loaded P3D V4.2 and load time  was 84 secs so I decided to download and install YBCG again.

To my amazement with all the above installed load time was 98.49 secs.

I can only surmise that P3D was playing up (although I had uninstalled/reinstalled it 3 times) or that the

backup Orbx +other folders that I restored using Nick's tutorial somehow became corrupted. Honestly I don't know.

Anyway 2 days of frustration is over and I can get back to flight simming with my settings in P3D basically set at fully right

as was the case from the outset.

Noel Southam

Hi

"Since my last post above in the forum I am now experiencing further problems with YBCG in that this morning having selected

YBCG to visit to make sure it was working the scenario would only load to 37%.

Strange, so I deleted p3d.cfg, scenery.cfg and shaders and started again. This time I got as far as 6%.

That's it. I have spent many countless hours trying to get YBCG to play nice on my computer but to no avail.

I would respectfully request a refund for my purchase of YBCG.

I would hope that my request could receive your favorable consideration."

It is a real pity that I have sought this action because this is the first piece of Orbx software that I have had a problem with since

Orbx started many years ago.

Noel Southam
noels7

Archived