FTX Norway - Lakes/Sea is covered with trees/green ground

Hello!

Ive been a frequent user of ORBX-products for a while now, and as a Norwegian, I ofc have all the Norway-sceneries. 

However, Ive now stumbled across an issue that doesnt have a good end. 

Most lakes and rivers are not present, but covered with trees or usual fields. This is especially at Notodden and Mjøsa.

I have done the following:

- Force Migration

- Reinstalled FTX Norwa

- Reinstalled FTX Libraries

- Removed the FTX_NOR_06_CVX_SCENERY and the FTX_NOR_VERSION.txt.

- FTX NOR is set to top in Scenery Library, and all ORBX-airports are above the NOR-entry, but below Libs. 

- Did a Autorun in the Vector tool, ticked off frozen lakes, rivers. 

Im on P3Dv4.2

Please take alook at the screenshots provided!

(Two first pictures are from Notodden, the other is from Hamar, looking out on what should be Mjøsa)

Thank you in advance, 

Ole Henrik G.

11.JPG

111.JPG

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.22 - 18.46.02.55.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.22 - 18.46.12.51.png

2018-5-22_17-1-13-667.png

Hi Ole Henrik,

if the issue is localized then it's probably third-party add-ons that exclude the FTX Norway content. For a quick cross-check you could move the insertion point to the very top of your scenery library menu; if the issue disappears then you'll need to dig through those 150+ entries above the FTX block to find the culprit(s). If one has many active entries then it's usually quickest to use an iterative 50/50 split, meaning deactivate half of the entries, proceed with the half that causes the issue and split that in half, etc. Note also that you can do this with the sim running, in slew or pause mode.

Cheers, Holger

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Ole Henrik,

if the issue is localized then it's probably third-party add-ons that exclude the FTX Norway content. For a quick cross-check you could move the insertion point to the very top of your scenery library menu; if the issue disappears then you'll need to dig through those 150+ entries above the FTX block to find the culprit(s). If one has many active entries then it's usually quickest to use an iterative 50/50 split, meaning deactivate half of the entries, proceed with the half that causes the issue and split that in half, etc. Note also that you can do this with the sim running, in slew or pause mode.

Cheers, Holger

Roger that, I fiddle around with it and report back. I can say that I run Airports of Norway, the awesome freeware together with FTX Norway, so definitely going to check if thats a culprit!

Thanks for the quick response also!

Ole. 

Hello @Holger Sandmann

As I see this topic is open I jumped on it as I have the same issue. Not sure if this is correct or if I must open a new case?

Today I flew in Norway (spring) and the lakes shows frozen as well as the rivers (but they showed) so I went to the configuration of Norway to untick the Frozen surface.

lFq28qE.jpg

While my Vector remains the same:

v36EN23.jpg

But when I launched my game again the lakes and rivers were gone, the beautiful big ones when you take off out of Oslo, please see below:

YPYphAZ.jpg

What happened if they showed as frozen and after deactivationg that they don't even show?

I installed today:

From Aerosoft: Trondheim-Vaernes / Alta / Svalbard Longyear / Torp-Sandefjord / Stavanger / Svolvaer  / Bergen / Tromso / Oslo & Vaeroy

All tested and work fine except Vaeroy which has elevations issues and haven't find a way to fix it but we'll request assistance for that one. I guess it is an issue with SODE. I tried to search for the aiport code in Vector airport corrector but couldn't find it either left of right.

Can you guide me with the water issue in Norway please?

Regards,

Hello Nick

thank you for replying. Not very sure I understood. I unticked the frozen water to see the lakes because when I flew everything showed so green and being spring thought there was something wrong with the rivers.

But then do you mean this is correct? To have the lakes frozen in spring? So a correct behaviour of the sim...

also by unticking the option shouldn’t the water always look like the regular water despite of the season?

thanks for clarifying

Best regards,

Carlos

For me, on today's date and with Vector frozen water in winter disabled, 

if I tick "frozen surface" in the Norway control panel, the lakes are there and

the water is frozen.

If I then tick "open water" instead, the lakes are still there and full of water.

Hi Nick

This is what not happened to me:

"If I then tick "open water" instead, the lakes are still there and full of water"

I did that and the rivers/lakes were gone but before doing that I had frozen surface ticked and the frozen areas were there.

But then changed it to open water and the rivers /lakes don't show

What could be the reason?

I run three times the vector application too just to ensure all works fine

regards,

Hello Nick

I have complied vast information about this issue so you can check and have clear what happens in my sim.

First

My Vector Frozen surface (in winter only) UNTICKED (as you once told me to do so when I was having lots of strange water textures and squares in rivers in Vermont USA.

So this feature in Vector is always unticked

In Norway configurator I ticked the Open water

Then I chose the secenery

nluaCqo.jpg

Time and season

eOMIwgf.jpg

And despite you can see water in the map in the sim it does not show:

XVMMY7k.jpg

And the terrain looks like this:

MUxdm46.jpg

Then could be the addons? Despite it is compatible with v4?... so I disabled it:

WLhapj0.jpg

No change:

bsYhJzN.jpg

Prove of default airport:

8rNa1kd.jpg

So went back to Norway control panel and this time TICKED the frozen surface

0jIchrC.jpg

Vector remained the same

N0t7XHL.jpg

And now in the map you do see the water, frozen of course, in spring

vuTYsGD.jpg

Terrain

hsyCXrm.jpg

And with the default airport:

B6dEbyw.jpg

So, would it work the same with Aerosoft's scenery?

cJ4N0Op.jpg

Yes:

FohPkU7.jpg

This confirms the issue in not caused by this addon

But wait, what about changing to summer?

1HrYu3g.jpg

Basicaly no change:

UUwkN3q.jpg

And in Fall?

muoSN9w.jpg

Still frozen water:

5HHd3wO.jpg

So regardless of the season there is always FROZEN water... ???

I went back to FTX central and ticked again open water in Norway's menu and chose same Fall time:

JcJJX1m.jpg

And voilá, NO water

c1nLZ8z.jpg

So definitely there is an issue with Norway's water bodies, isn't it?

Or am I missing something in my doings?

Please advise how I can fix this, pls. Lost my evening flight time doing all these tests :(

Very best

Hello,

clearly your version of Norway is not working as it should.

I stand to be corrected but for me, the water is ice with the frozen setting

and water with the open setting, regardless of the time of year.

I have asked Holger to have a look for you.

Reinstalling Norway would put all the files back.

If you have edited them to accommodate the other scenery, I would suggest that you rename the four Norway scenery folders.

Then delete the EU Norway version text file and reinstall.

Disable all your other scenery for Norway from other developers and you should have the same files as I do and once again see water

when you set FTX Central to see water.

Then you can add your other scenery back in and see which one produces the land in the lakes.

Hi there,

based on your screenshots FTX Norway is working as expected in terms of open versus frozen lakes and rivers and the required files are present; thus, I don't think re-installing will help though it also can't hurt.

The difference between the open water and the frozen surfaces is that they are made from two different types of polygons. It appears that something is excluding "hydro" polygons in the area of your screenshots, which are used for "normal" (i.e., open) water. Those excludes  wouldn't affect the landclass polygons used for the frozen surfaces, which is why they still display, when selected in the control panel.

If the issue was with FTX Norway itself then you would not see any open lakes or rivers within its coverage area. Moreover, I can tell from your screenshots that parts of the local FTX NOR water files display meaning it's not an issue of missing or corrupt files either. Some file, at higher display priority than FTX Norway in your scenery library menu,  is suppressing water polygons north of Oslo.

I'd suggest unticking all third-party add-ons to check whether the lakes and rivers return. Alternatively, you could use FTX Central's insertion point tool to temporarily move the Orbx block of entries to the top, which would be a quick cross-check to rule out the Orbx block.

I'm not aware of any issues with Aerosoft's Norwegian airports as they all (except ENVA) have been updated to be compatible with FTX Norway; see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108942-pin-topic-for-compatibility-for-eunorway/?do=findComment&comment=980343

The freeware Airports of Norway packages do require some manual adjustments for compatibility; e.g., https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/126840-orbx-norway-and-norway-airports-conflict/ and https://flightsim.no/forum/topic/77569-ftx-norway-oppsett-2017/

Cheers, Holger

Dear Nick and Holger

Thank you for your replies

Your explanation: 

5 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

If the issue was with FTX Norway itself then you would not see any open lakes or rivers within its coverage area. Moreover, I can tell from your screenshots that parts of the local FTX NOR water files display meaning it's not an issue of missing or corrupt files either. Some file, at higher display priority than FTX Norway in your scenery library menu,  is suppressing water polygons north of Oslo.

makes a lot of sense. But I have a situation I don't know how to fix. Some addons stuck themselves in the scenery list as priority and I cannot delete them or move them up or down in the list to change their priority,  these are some Fly Tampa's, Aerosoft's and all of Drzewiecki design. I cannot untick them either, they positioned themselves with priority, fixed

How can I deactivated this in order to desable all of my addons to give a try to Norway.

I can unticked most of them but how can I untick these other ones?

fQlTYYD.jpg

In theory the only way is deleting the folders :-(

While you reply I'm desabling my other 122 addons, fortunatelly had just installed some of what I have phew.

Oh, question

Should I desable only the Norwegian addons or every single one I have?

I don't have freeware airports for Norway except Orbx's

Regards,

HOLY MOSES! :o

alA0Eyl.jpg

Instead of unticking all third-party add-ons  just desabled ALL Aerosoft's Norwegian airports and the above result.

I'll active one by one until I find the diabolic one. :wacko:

Based on your comments above I'll leave ENVA the last and will try Gardemoen the very first as it is the closest one to the area.

I'll share the results just for major reference.

Be back in a few minutes as I'm dying to be ready for installing my latests Orbx´s products bought yesterday and today :)

Cheers

Hi again

I enabled all of the airports and have no problems with anyone except Vaeroy. At the moment this was activated the lakes in Oslo disappeared.

Vaeroy had everything floating like if it was on a second floor. I'm 99.99% sure this is a SODE issue as I had it in Svolvaer or Svalvard can't rememeber. The thing is that one of these two airports creates a SODE folder in the main root of the sim, while current one is outside the root in 12 pilots folder- So I moved the files in SODE rood folder to the one in 12 pilots and all was fixed

When I installed Vaeroy the installer tried to instal SODE but a message pop up reading a new version was installed and then closed. So I think the SODE files were not correctly installed.

I just went to it to show you how it looks and in a second all felt to ground and fir correctly!!!!

So went back to Oslo to verify if there was water, and no, is gone yet, so I think I have to remove Vaeroy from my sim unless you know of a solution to this problem.

But I think we can close this case and I will try to do some research on Vaeroy, and try to fix it.

I also have a problem with ATC, I can't communicate with the tower. My keyword buttons by pressing 1 or 2 do nothing, the ATC is greysih but I'll search the forum for this topic first.

THANK YOU both for your patience and guidance here

Happy weekend

Cheers

Hi again,

good to hear you've got it isolated. After you mentioned Vaeroy I searched the forum for its ICAO ENVY and found a previous discussion with some work-arounds by the developer:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/118600-aerosoft-vaeroy-envy-compatibility-with-ftx-nor/

My apologies, I had completely forgotten that we had discussed this issue about two years ago.

Cheers, Holger

Archived